The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Formal complaint has been submitted to/about/against my uni :ninja:

So sorry its come to that.
Original post by jelly1000
So sorry its come to that.

Thanks. It is quite sad. I mean, I complained to Oxford about their treatment of me, but that was after I left. To have to do so whilst still at the uni is quite disappointing :sad:
Thanks. It is quite sad. I mean, I complained to Oxford about their treatment of me, but that was after I left. To have to do so whilst still at the uni is quite disappointing :sad:

I bet :frown:
I am so sorry you are made to go through this TLG. I hope things can be sorted out. Universities are surprisingly inconsiderate towards their students when you remember they would not even exist without students ...

I'm still alive, just don't have much time to go online at all. Conference, teaching, writing, fieldwork, writing up fieldword - and without even noticing, I've started my final year!
Original post by Anndee
I am so sorry you are made to go through this TLG. I hope things can be sorted out. Universities are surprisingly inconsiderate towards their students when you remember they would not even exist without students ...

I'm still alive, just don't have much time to go online at all. Conference, teaching, writing, fieldwork, writing up fieldword - and without even noticing, I've started my final year!

Join the final year club! What happened on the funding front?
Original post by Anndee

Join the final year club! What happened on the funding front?
Original post by Anndee

Thanks. They're finally doing a U-turn (albeit a rather convoluted and slow one) so hopefully it'll get sorted sometime this century :colondollar:

Oh wow, final year :headfire: Good luck - you can do this :rave:
Thanks. They're finally doing a U-turn (albeit a rather convoluted and slow one) so hopefully it'll get sorted sometime this century :colondollar:

Oh wow, final year :headfire: Good luck - you can do this :rave:

that's really good to hear, do you know when you'll get a final decision?
Original post by Slowbro93
that's really good to hear, do you know when you'll get a final decision?

No idea unfortunately. They've made an offer to my supervisor, and the three students affected (including me) but we're not accepting all the terms they are proposing, because they are not right or fair. So it could take quite a while of to-ing and fro-ing to sort out :emo:
No idea unfortunately. They've made an offer to my supervisor, and the three students affected (including me) but we're not accepting all the terms they are proposing, because they are not right or fair. So it could take quite a while of to-ing and fro-ing to sort out :emo:

What was the offer that they made in the end? :erm:
What was the offer that they made in the end? :erm:

Will ping you privately about it, as I don't want to go into too many details on an open forum :redface:
Got my lit review back from 1 supervisor, it wasn't total garbage! Will look at correcting it once I get all my comments from additional supervisors :smile:
Got my lit review back from 1 supervisor, it wasn't total garbage! Will look at correcting it once I get all my comments from additional supervisors :smile:

:woo: Well done! :king1:
:woo: Well done! :king1:

Thanks :biggrin: I'm slightly nervous about the other comments from my other supervisors as they usually go into a lot more depth, but I'm feeling okay about it as I've tidied up my argument to make it a lot stronger at least :smile:
Thanks :biggrin: I'm slightly nervous about the other comments from my other supervisors as they usually go into a lot more depth, but I'm feeling okay about it as I've tidied up my argument to make it a lot stronger at least :smile:

That's great you've managed to make your argument a lot stronger based on the feedback you've already got. I'm a bit hopeless at expressing my academic argument(s), haha :colondollar:

Go Slowbrooooooooooooooooooooooooo :rave:
Well done!

Great news :biggrin:
Just had an abstract accepted for the biggest UK conference in my field! :headfire:

Also it looks like uni are officially ditching their silly stipulations and giving me my supervisor back. Yay! :yay:
Just had an abstract accepted for the biggest UK conference in my field! :headfire:

Also it looks like uni are officially ditching their silly stipulations and giving me my supervisor back. Yay! :yay:

So pleased things are getting back on track for you!
Original post by jelly1000
So pleased things are getting back on track for you!

Thank you! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending