The Student Room Group

Is anyone studying for their PGCE with Plymuth currently?

Hi. I am really keen to apply there for next year but wondered if anyone had details of the timetable for when at university as opposed to on placement? I know its for approximately 15 weeks but it would be so helpful if I knew the times and days ( my friend did her pgce at marjon and it was a 4 day week whilst at uni) so that I could plan whether I would commute/stay with a friend etc.

Thanks so much if you have any information that could help me. I really appreciate it.

Ros

obviously its Plymouth.... dodgy keyboard!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm not a PGCE student but I'm in my 4th and final year of the BEd Primary degree at Plymouth. The PGCE students usually go on placement for 5 weeks after october half term, then again for 6 weeks from January to February half term and then finally a 12 week placement in the summer. But I would check this with the course details to be sure, it may change next year too!

I'd definitely recommend the education department at Plymouth though, I've loved every second of my degree here and the schools you are placed in are lovely!

Good luck!
Reply 2
thank you so much for your reply! My issue will be the time spent at university, mainly at the start of the course. Is your timetable fulltime all the time? as in 9-5 five days a week?

Many thanks

Ros

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending