Anybody RETAKING AS PSYA1?

Watch
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What was your grade and how would you approach it this time to ensure you'll score a top mark? What do you think you did wrong the first time?

I got a C (68 UMS) and I'm retaking to get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exceptional
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am. I forgot to show up for the second exam because a dragon was blocking the entrance to the exam hall. Mind you, I was high at the time. Hahalol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
(Original post by Exceptional)
I am. I forgot to show up for the second exam because a dragon was blocking the entrance to the exam hall. Mind you, I was high at the time. Hahalol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any chance you're high now? because this thread is for the first exam, not the second.
Farah_786
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes I'm retaking so I could get a B. don't think I will though as I got a E (44UMS) despite getting As in my mocks.
shannon.mcc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I guessed the essay the night before and it came up! However, even though this happened i ended up with a low D, I challenged it and got it remarked, came back as a mid-C. Now i'm doing A2 I can understand where I went wrong (not enough detail) so i'm retaking! I wont start proper revision till January so I can concentrate on A2, but the key is to revise and revise and revise!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Farah_786)
Yes I'm retaking so I could get a B. don't think I will though as I got a E (44UMS) despite getting As in my mocks.
Hmm strange. People here seemed to do well on the mocks and fail the real thing. Did you order your paper back to see what went wrong?
Rep:
?
(Original post by shannon.mcc)
I guessed the essay the night before and it came up! However, even though this happened i ended up with a low D, I challenged it and got it remarked, came back as a mid-C. Now i'm doing A2 I can understand where I went wrong (not enough detail) so i'm retaking! I wont start proper revision till January so I can concentrate on A2, but the key is to revise and revise and revise!
Wow you went from a low D to a mid C in the remarks? That makes me regret not getting a remark so bad. Apparently a person at my school went from a low B to a mid A. Same concept different grade
shannon.mcc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Captivated)
Wow you went from a low D to a mid C in the remarks? That makes me regret not getting a remark so bad. Apparently a person at my school went from a low B to a mid A. Same concept different grade
I refused to get it remarked at first, stating that the person should have marked it correctly first time! After the school insisted that they would pay, how could I refuse? I was the only one to have my grade marked up, but I knew the grade I received was wrong and so did the school. I cannot see why the exam boards don't just double check, I understand human error, but not a grade and a half... its all about earning the £40 from a hopeful student. Money makes the world go round I suppose
Farah_786
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Captivated)
Hmm strange. People here seemed to do well on the mocks and fail the real thing. Did you order your paper back to see what went wrong?
No, probably nervous as I got a C in paper 2 so still got a chance
ko111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, probably nervous as I got a C in paper 2 so still got a chance
talk with your exam officer and get a copy of your exam script back go through it with your teacher or see where you lost marks yourself by going through the mark scheme for that paper. Practising past papers is key to doing well on these exams, so once you've learnt everything properly, time yourself go through past papers if you don't understand anything look at the mark schemes, if you still don't understand ask your teacher. Make a note where you lose marks and keep practising those questions until you've learnt that topic properly. Also use the examiner reports which are on AQA website along with papers and mark schemes, the examiner reports state where candidates lose marks and what they look for in answers to actually get the marks.
Good Luck everyone!
Farah_786
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ko111)
talk with your exam officer and get a copy of your exam script back go through it with your teacher or see where you lost marks yourself by going through the mark scheme for that paper. Practising past papers is key to doing well on these exams, so once you've learnt everything properly, time yourself go through past papers if you don't understand anything look at the mark schemes, if you still don't understand ask your teacher. Make a note where you lose marks and keep practising those questions until you've learnt that topic properly. Also use the examiner reports which are on AQA website along with papers and mark schemes, the examiner reports state where candidates lose marks and what they look for in answers to actually get the marks.
Good Luck everyone!
will do. Good luck to you too
ko111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
will do. Good luck to you too
Thanks, Good Luck to you too!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads