The Student Room Group

English Literature Help

I have a English Literature GCSE tomorrow (I've left this really late) but i have no idea about what to put in my introduction. The task's title is Explore the ways writers present emotion in characters relationships by comparing 'Macbeth' with WW1 poetry. The emotions that i have found are: Guilt, Grief, Loyalty, Frustration, Persuasion and Manipulation. Any Ideas?
Original post by __annabel__
I have a English Literature GCSE tomorrow (I've left this really late) but i have no idea about what to put in my introduction. The task's title is Explore the ways writers present emotion in characters relationships by comparing 'Macbeth' with WW1 poetry. The emotions that i have found are: Guilt, Grief, Loyalty, Frustration, Persuasion and Manipulation. Any Ideas?

Ok. So I think you could start off like this:
First try and explain what you think of the task and then mention just a few of the emotions you have found before developing them further on in the essay.
There are many techniques that writers use to portray emotion to the reader, and the ways that Macbeth and ww1 poetry show emotion are actually fairly similar. Both pieces of writing...

Quick Reply