The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
That reminds me, we gave some of our friends a site to go on ie frenchoral .com or something telling them it was an educational site where you get example orals sheets. But in actual fact it is just a sex site.
amazingtrade
Haha that is exactly what a fredian slip is! It is when you say somthing different because sex is on your mind.

doh! seriously what is wrong with me? Only said it the one time though - a long time ago.
Reply 22
iiikewldude
alright i thought they were general screw ups. Yeah once i said cock instead of coke. Maybe thats what i really wanted subconsiously? Maybe i'm gay??!!!! ahhhhhhh

they are general screwups the point is that they are motivated by your subconsicious.
http://65.107.211.206/science/freud/Freud_OV.html

this is what Freud is all about. Well the very basics anyway.
Tinykates
sorry to be picky, but it's Freud and Freudian :biggrin:

No, its Fraud, and Fraudian!
Anyway, i make them all the time really, but i'm good at hiding them.
whenever i say my teeth it sound like im saying tits ... coz of my accent ... its really annoying

once i was tlking about my hair wid my frends n instead of saying my hais i said my boobies n i didnt even noticed
Iluvatar
No, its Fraud, and Fraudian!

I'm not sure if you are serious or not there..

But it isn't.

Freud/Freudian is right.
Reply 26
Couldn't calling Freud 'Fraud, (ie. a deception) be perceived as a Freudian slip?
Hayley...
I'm not sure if you are serious or not there..

But it isn't.

Freud/Freudian is right.

Yes, it is most definately a Fraud.
How these theories can be justified as anything other than Frauds own problems displaced onto his patients is beyond me.
Lord Huntroyde
Couldn't calling Freud, Fraud (ie. a deception) be perceived as a Freudian slip?

Indeed, and an intentional one at that.
People seem to forget that they're theories rather than fact. And that there are other people with ideas about how the mind works.

Just becuase he's the most famous of the bunch.
Hayley...
People seem to forget that they're theories rather than fact. And that there are other people with ideas about how the mind works.

Just becuase he's the most famous of the bunch.

I study psychology, so i am well aware of that.
And they are theories which have become closer to folk psychology than they should be, as they are simply ludicrous.
Reply 31
Wasn't he regarded as having a perverted mind?
Iluvatar
I study psychology, so i am well aware of that.
And they are theories which have become closer to folk psychology than they should be, as they are simply ludicrous.

I don't study psychology, so I don't know much about it. But the little I have heard in a way makes sense, but really shouldn't be regarded as fact.

He was a cokehead, wasn't he?
Hayley...
I don't study psychology, so I don't know much about it. But the little I have heard in a way makes sense, but really shouldn't be regarded as fact.

It makes sense that everyone is obsessed with sex?
I doubt that very much.
His studies were totally crazy, and made no sense whatsoever.
A couple of fringe concepts were a little more enlightened, but not in the context of psychoanalysis.
amazingtrade
Wasn't he regarded as having a perverted mind?

Yes.

Hayley...
He was a cokehead, wasn't he?

I think so.
Reply 35
I think when I was on tour with my orchestra in America, my comment "my G String has broken," was enough to give everyone something to think about for quite a while!
Iluvatar
It makes sense that everyone is obsessed with sex?

Heh, then I was way off on what I thought he was on about. I thought sex was only a small part of it, but everyone else blew it all out of proportion.
Hayley...
Heh, then I was way off on what I thought he was on about. I thought sex was only a small part of it, but everyone else blew it all out of proportion.

It is blown out of proportion, but sex is a large part in his analysis specifically, which means that it isn't as out of proportion as you would think.
i can't remember any specific freudian slips that i've said, but people in my school always say things that are really perverted but are too naive to realise it. i can remember that this one girl was talking today about how she only had a really short pencil and said that she'd like a longer one as it was easier to get hold of. i was in hysterics. sadly the rest of the class didn't get it. i can't belive how naive people in my school are, it's perhaps understandable being a catholic girls school, but i'd hate to imagine how some of them will go on in the real world when they go to uni. or maybe its just me thats overly perverted :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 39
It's definitely Freud. Anyway, his theories certainly aren't fact. I mean he has a whole theory of childhood and I think he only ever studied one child. His case studies were almost exclusively middle aged, middle class women with hysteria. Also, his methods- free association, dream analysis and hypnosis are very unscientific.
He did make some interesting points though. I think he might be mainly right about defence mechanisms.
I don't remember making any Freudian slips though I'm sure I have. But I used to be really naive when I was younger and said things which I didn't realise the meaning of. I don't think that's quite the same as a Freudian slip though.