The Student Room Group

Holiday romance that happened 3 years ago

Hi all! I'll try to keep it brief...
around 4 years ago I went on holiday with my family, at the time must of been 16. Around the second day I notice a girl on the beach she was perfect in every way and instantly I knew I had to speak to her. But didn't pluck up the courage until the second week. One night we bump into each other and just clicked and we started speaking but it was short lived because she left a week later. Nothing ever physical happened between us because I was in a relationship back home.

Once we got home we spoke for months until my girlfriend said that she didn't like how often I was speaking to her, so I decide to just stop speaking to her. I have been with my girlfriend now for 5 years and I do love her. My friends ask if I'm happy and the majority of the time I'm not but there are other times where I am so it leaves me in impossible situations. Anyway I have thought about this girl I met on holiday everyday for the last 4 years and everywhere I go I hope to bump into her. I have been on countless forums reading about others experiences but none really helped. Recently I gave in a sent her message and have now arrange to meet up. so I have decided to go meet her the end of the month and words can't describe how excited I am! I know it's wrong to go behind my girlfriends back but, me and my girlfriend have never been a perfect relationship she has cheated on me 3 times which were all drunken mistakes, which I have forgiven her for And there are times which we are happy, but since I have started speaking to the girl off holiday (my girlfriend doesn't no we speak) there has been tension In our relationship.

My question is what should I do, I would really like to get to know this girl properly because she is all I ever think about and I don't even know If she feels the same way about me I really need some help on this one!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all! I'll try to keep it brief...
around 4 years ago I went on holiday with my family, at the time must of been 16. Around the second day I notice a girl on the beach she was perfect in every way and instantly I knew I had to speak to her. But didn't pluck up the courage until the second week. One night we bump into each other and just clicked and we started speaking but it was short lived because she left a week later. Nothing ever physical happened between us because I was in a relationship back home.

Once we got home we spoke for months until my girlfriend said that she didn't like how often I was speaking to her, so I decide to just stop speaking to her. I have been with my girlfriend now for 5 years and I do love her. My friends ask if I'm happy and the majority of the time I'm not but there are other times where I am so it leaves me in impossible situations. Anyway I have thought about this girl I met on holiday everyday for the last 4 years and everywhere I go I hope to bump into her. I have been on countless forums reading about others experiences but none really helped. Recently I gave in a sent her message and have now arrange to meet up. so I have decided to go meet her the end of the month and words can't describe how excited I am! I know it's wrong to go behind my girlfriends back but, me and my girlfriend have never been a perfect relationship she has cheated on me 3 times which were all drunken mistakes, which I have forgiven her for And there are times which we are happy, but since I have started speaking to the girl off holiday (my girlfriend doesn't no we speak) there has been tension In our relationship.

My question is what should I do, I would really like to get to know this girl properly because she is all I ever think about and I don't even know If she feels the same way about me I really need some help on this one!

I always believe you should follow your heart within reason, and I do really hope something magical develops out of this for you as you clearly have strong feelings for this girl.
However I dont think you should go behind your girlfriends back to do so.
If you're going to meet up with the girl from holiday then do so as a free agent. Break up with your current relationship, it sounds like it's doomed anyway. Being happy some of the time isnt how it is supposed to be in a relationship.

The girl from holiday isn't going to be at all happy if you haven't broken up with your girlfriend and you turn her into "the other woman".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending