The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emil Cioran
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/mens-health/11172519/Vegetarians-have-much-lower-sperm-counts.html

Anyone know why science is proving that nature is punishing these vegans and vegetarians? I thought we were designed to eat only vegetables...

Less like to produce offspring = less likely to produce offspring who follow their parent's beliefs.

That means our kids won't have to put with as many insufferable social justice warriors who never shut up about being vegetarian or vegan as we currently do!

Cheers all around!

Vegetarian numbers seem to be increasing in the west.

Also, vegetarianism isn't genetic.
Original post by JuliusDS92
Vegetarian numbers seem to be increasing in the west.

Also, vegetarianism isn't genetic.

I'll need a source for that. Your empirical seemings aren't enough to convince me.

I already explained how beliefs are passed down by parenting in the thread. No one mentioned vegetarianism is genetic. Do you like saying random statements?
Yes, but meat eaters are more likely to be obese. You ain't going to be passing on your sperm if you are the size of a small hippo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Soya might think, is what I reckon
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/mens-health/11172519/Vegetarians-have-much-lower-sperm-counts.html

Anyone know why science is proving that nature is punishing these vegans and vegetarians? I thought we were designed to eat only vegetables...

Less like to produce offspring = less likely to produce offspring who follow their parent's beliefs.

That means our kids won't have to put with as many insufferable social justice warriors who never shut up about being vegetarian or vegan as we currently do!

Cheers all around!

Mate, diet isn't heritable.
Original post by StarvingAutist
Mate, diet isn't heritable.

Sigh

I already explained how beliefs are passed down by parenting in the thread. No one mentioned vegetarianism is genetic. Do you like saying random statements?
Sigh

kek
Reply 27
My parents are meat-eaters, and so are my boyfriend's (who's also veggie).

Even if all vegetarians and vegans died out I'm sure more would come about...
Original post by Azul
My parents are meat-eaters, and so are my boyfriend's (who's also veggie).

Even if all vegetarians and vegans died out I'm sure more would come about...

Good luck having babies with him then.

Of course it would come about because it isn't genetic. They are hopefully going to lessen in numbers though which is good news.

Of course it would come about because it isn't genetic. They are hopefully going to lessen in numbers though which is good news.

You are so strange. You make a clearly troll thread and then actually try to defend it like it made sense when you posted it :lolwut:
Reply 30

Well we're a gay couple so we can't have children anyway but when we adopt they can choose to be veggie or not. I really don't care to be honest, we've made a personal choice to be veggie and if in the future there isn't one vegetarian I really have zero care. I'm not immature enough, unlike some people. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31

No you didn't. You stated it as if it were a fact. Now, go get some statistics that show that the majority of vegetarians have vegetarian parents (which is not true, but is necessary for your point to be valid) and I'll listen.

Most vegetarians are not vegetarian because of their family beliefs. Hence the effect is minimal and 99% likely to not counteract the rate at which people decide to be veggie all on their own.
Reply 32
Oh, and don't feed the :troll:
Why does what other people choose to eat concern you? Eat whatever you want but don't criticise others for also exercising their right to eat whatever they fancy
Original post by lerjj
No you didn't. You stated it as if it were a fact. Now, go get some statistics that show that the majority of vegetarians have vegetarian parents (which is not true, but is necessary for your point to be valid) and I'll listen.

Most vegetarians are not vegetarian because of their family beliefs. Hence the effect is minimal and 99% likely to not counteract the rate at which people decide to be veggie all on their own.

You respond to me and then say don't feed the "troll" in your next post? Logic?

Why do I need statistics? You are the one who said the majority of vegetarians don't have vegetarian parents. I never said they did.

"Most vegetarians are not vegetarian because of their family beliefs."

It's hilarious how you ask for sources yet say things like this. Sources please.

You clearly misunderstood the thread/article completely. Being a vegan or vegetarian isn't genetic therefore it you can be influenced to be one through parenting. With less vegan parents in the world there will be less young people taught that "eating meat is bad" etc. The reason there are vegans and vegetarians now is because so many Hollywood celebrities and leftists are. It's TAUGHT.

If you think parents have NO influence over whether a child decides to be a vegan or vegetarian you are the troll who doesn't need feeding. Laughable.

To reiterate: all vegans and vegetarians won't die with no vegan or vegetarian parents in the world, the numbers would be incredibly low though.
Reply 35
To reiterate: all vegans and vegetarians won't die with no vegan or vegetarian parents in the world, the numbers would be incredibly low though.

Do you have evidence for this claim?

I'm sure numbers will be slightly lower, but as a vegetarian with loads of vegetarian friends, none of them had veggie parents, so I'm struggling to understand how your claim can be true?

Also, was your ex-girlfriend a vegetarian or something? I really want to understand why you're against us so much, we're not bad people I promise! :smile:
Original post by Azul
Do you have evidence for this claim?

I'm sure numbers will be slightly lower, but as a vegetarian with loads of vegetarian friends, none of them had veggie parents, so I'm struggling to understand how your claim can be true?

Also, was your ex-girlfriend a vegetarian or something? I really want to understand why you're against us so much, we're not bad people I promise! :smile:

The reason there so many young people that are veggies is because it's preached about constantly in the media. Compare the media/public opinion on veggies in your parents time and now. IT'S TAUGHT.
Original post by Quantex
Yes, but meat eaters are more likely to be obese. You ain't going to be passing on your sperm if you are the size of a small hippo.

That's because "meat eaters" includes everyone who isn't vegetarian - it includes the bloke who sits in front of the TV all day eating bacon sandwiches as well as the meat eater who doesn't eat processed meat and goes out for a walk/run most days. Vegetarians are generally more health conscious than the average person. But "meat eaters" includes health conscious meat eaters as well as meat eaters who couldn't care less.

That's why meat eaters are more likely to be obese than vegetarians - you're comparing a health conscious group of people to the average person, of course there's going to be a difference. But there is no evidence that meat itself is unhealthy.
I don't care if someone's a vegetarian or a vegan but they can't tell me that meat-eating is bad

Because it's definitely not, it's finger-licking good :ahee:
The reason there so many young people that are veggies is because it's preached about constantly in the media. Compare the media/public opinion on veggies in your parents time and now. IT'S TAUGHT.

Where?

Latest