Ethics of designing a baby to save the life of another. Watch

This discussion is closed.
reasonable man
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mr White, you're going to make an excellent doctor. Or maybe not.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I think that the only reason he would ever become a doctor is so that he can become a geneticist!
reasonable man
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lol... and make everyone in this world as wonderful as him? We should sponsor him through med school.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Why is Mr White such a bigot? Do you really think that he thinks he is better than everyone else? Maybe he's just a normal guy who enjoys posting radical things on forums and then participating in the ensuing arguments. Its more than likely.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
fair enough participating in arguments/discussions/whatever but when u start insulting people and their opinions i feel it is goin to far. i can take crtiscism of my view so long as it s done consturctivly/sensibly etc etc

ohwell **** happens....some people u just learn to ignore

rob
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
As a new thread has been started on virtually the same subject, I thought I'd return this thread and all it's thoughts to the top of the board for a bit.
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
this is a very either way argument, i think that occasionly it can be right, if someones child is extremely ill then mayb but some people may use this as a exuse to create babies when thye please
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by love_4_ducks)
this is a very either way argument, i think that occasionly it can be right, if someones child is extremely ill then mayb but some people may use this as a exuse to create babies when thye please
"some people may use this as a exuse to create babies when thye please"
since when did the population need an excuse to have children?
I haven't read all the posts, but i think a point is being missed which is the sole validator for designer babies.
If you had a child and planned to have more children, then one became ill. all you need is a bone marrow transplant. you are going to have another child anyway, so you figure what the hell, why not make sure the child will be a perfect match for transplant to the 1st child.
J
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
What I have said is simple to understand, yet none of you seem to. It's simple - if every human in the world now had an IQ of 160 and was physically superior, then would humankind not be stronger as a race? Or would the world not be a better place to live?
Maybe

But who would empty the bins? Who would clean the toilets? Who would stack the shelves at the supermarket and work in the factories? Who would sweep the streets and build the houses?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.53%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.92%
Terrified (379)
22.19%
Meh (168)
9.84%
Confused (37)
2.17%
Putting on a brave face (234)
13.7%
Impatient (214)
12.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise