The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Creative Writing MA (Nottingham)

Hi

Any advice for applying to the Creative Writing course for 2015? I am working on my application piece at the moment, but any tips on the application or what to expect will be helpful. I am aware that an application to this course is literally a shot in the dark - they might like my writing or think its absolutely mediocre
Original post by dbose
Hi

Any advice for applying to the Creative Writing course for 2015? I am working on my application piece at the moment, but any tips on the application or what to expect will be helpful. I am aware that an application to this course is literally a shot in the dark - they might like my writing or think its absolutely mediocre

I've had similar problem, been thinking about it and it's just struck me, try and ask yourself these questions.

Why do I want to study creatiive writing?
What can I learn being in a classroom with other writers…
State why your passionate about writing, do you write fiction, non fiction, genres, do you want to publish your work and make contacts with other Authors.
Where do you see yourself in a year's time.

If you run your own blog then add it to your statement, same goes for any websites or editing you have done. Mention about the books your reading and who inspires you.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice

Any chance you have an idea of what kind of creative piece they look for in the application?

Creativity is so subjective that making a judgement is difficult I know. However, it would be helpful to know what kind of applications were accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending