Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily
    Mr Darcy was a very nice gentleman and Elizabeth Bennet wasn't blonde.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    Not necessarily
    Mr Darcy was a very nice gentleman and Elizabeth Bennet wasn't blonde.
    Yet another reason why that was a massively crappy book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Yet another reason why that was a massively crappy book.
    Shock horror :eek: - how can you say that? It's my favourite book in the world!

(It doesn't actually say that Lizzie has either blonde or brown hair anywhere in the book....it just says she has dark eyes, so her hair probably is brown too....or does it just say she has "fine" eyes? Oh no, I don't remember....for all I know, maybe they're blue. Gosh - I've got to go and check now, or I won't sleep tonight :rolleyes: *sigh*).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Shock horror :eek: - how can you say that? It's my favourite book in the world!
    Doesn't stop it from being bad. Where bad means abysmal.

ReputationRep:
    You do seem to feel very strongly about this though... All of your posts have been in this thread. Hmm.

You're not expecting people to stop bleaching on your account, are you?
    Well, as a matter of fact, I DO feel very strongly about this. It wasn't always this way of coarse. But over the years as more and more women go blonde, I've been getting more and more frustrated. And no, I don't expect women to stop bleaching their hair on account of my posts. But, if more guys out there who felt the same way as I do would be more vocal, it might have some effect.
    I figured there would be some anti-blonde forum somewhere, where I could get this off my chest, but you know what? I couldn't find ONE. And since I saw an older thread on here about blondes, I just HAD to post my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    What about readheads? <always overlooked>
    wouldn't necessarily (sp) say that I reckon at least once a day I get a comment (good or bad) about my hair colour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sargoth)
    I'm not any more shallow than the millions of women who dye their hair blonde. wouldn't a woman also in order to not be shallow not go through great efforts to change her color?
    is a woman who gets her hair cut to flatter the shape of her face also shallow? this makes most of the uk population, including your beloved brunetts shallow?

But when a guy says he prefers blondes, brunettes usually dye their hair blonde to be accepted.
    what??? i dont know what freaks you know, but i have never met anyone who died their hair for a guy? you must know some really sad people.

Hell, even when I tell women that I like dark hair, brunettes STILL make excuses why they dye it blonde (my skin is too pale, I wanted to soften the contrast between my skin and my hair, etc...). It almost seems as if society is pushing the belief that black hair is perfectly okay on guys, but is unnacceptable on girls. Otherwise, wouldn't there be more women with black hair who didn't feel the need to "soften the contrast" or just "lighten it a bit"?
    do you wear a certain shirt because you look good in it? do you wear a certain aftershave to smell nice? what is so wrong about somone doing something to improve their appearance? saying that women shouldnt die thier hair because its shallow, is like saying women shouldnt shave their legs/underarms? i shave because i prefer to be hair free...so do you like the unshaven look? i think you need to take a walk in the real world. i was just ondering how old you are?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't stop it from being bad. Where bad means abysmal.
    *choke-splutter-gasp of total incredulity....gives Zapsta a very very reproachful look*

I am deeply offended

ReputationRep:
    I just HAD to post my opinion.
    you mean express your prejudice (sp) and offend people, I think you'll find you're harist...

don't judge people on hair colour and treat them differently because of how they look, it's not fair and it's not right

ReputationRep:
    Well, as a matter of fact, I DO feel very strongly about this. It wasn't always this way of coarse. But over the years as more and more women go blonde, I've been getting more and more frustrated. And no, I don't expect women to stop bleaching their hair on account of my posts. But, if more guys out there who felt the same way as I do would be more vocal, it might have some effect.
    I figured there would be some anti-blonde forum somewhere, where I could get this off my chest, but you know what? I couldn't find ONE. And since I saw an older thread on here about blondes, I just HAD to post my opinion.
    I should think there are more men who like blondes than those who don't, so even if a load did come out saying they didn't like them, a load more would come out saying that they did. To be honest I think hair colour is possibly the least important physical attribute when judging attractiveness, and I could quite easily fancy someone pretty no matter what colour their hair were.

ReputationRep:
    I should think there are more men who like blondes than those who don't, so even if a load did come out saying they didn't like them, a load more would come out saying that they did. To be honest I think hair colour is possibly the least important physical attribute when judging attractiveness, and I could quite easily fancy someone pretty no matter what colour their hair were.
    Well, at least you have something sensible to say as far as hair is concerned - not as nonsensical as your views on my beloved Austen

ReputationRep:
    *choke-splutter-gasp of total incredulity....gives Zapsta a very very reproachful look*

I am deeply offended
    I didn't insult you, I just insulted Jane Austen! She was not a talented writer, she was just, unlike a lot of people of her type at that time, literate and able to write with a consistent "dictionary" (ie, didn't randomly switch between spellings of words). She also wrote something that appealed to the majority, unlike a lot of the work of the era. However, she was often far to elaborate in her writing, could not tell a story to save her life and far too often fell back on dialogue. It was not her fault, J K Rowling has the same "problem" today having written average that just happens to attract the current public, but the fact remains that she was not a great writer and P and P was far from a great book.

ReputationRep:
    Well, as a matter of fact, I DO feel very strongly about this.
    Don't you think you're being a little bit extreme? Haven't you never been attracted to a blonde, never, in your whole life?

I like being blonde, it's so much nicer than boring mousy colour and it makes my eyes look bluer.

But when a guy says he prefers blondes, brunettes usually dye their hair blonde to be accepted.
    Have you thought they might dye it because they want to and they like it? Not everything girls do is about guys you know.

ReputationRep:
    Gentlemen prefer blondes, and being a gentleman I am obliged to do the same. I really have no choice in the matter.
    But Gentlemen Marry Brunettes...

Ah well. At least us blondes have more fun

ReputationRep:
    I didn't insult you, I just insulted Jane Austen! She was not a talented writer, she was just, unlike a lot of people of her type at that time, literate and able to write with a consistent "dictionary" (ie, didn't randomly switch between spellings of words). She also wrote something that appealed to the majority, unlike a lot of the work of the era. However, she was often far to elaborate in her writing, could not tell a story to save her life and far too often fell back on dialogue. It was not her fault, J K Rowling has the same "problem" today having written average that just happens to attract the current public, but the fact remains that she was not a great writer and P and P was far from a great book.
    Hmmm...though I did enjoy the HP books, I agree that this doesn't make JKR a "great" writer. I accept that there is a difference between books which are truly great and those which are simply popular....however I am still far from agreeing with you on Jane Austen.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...though I did enjoy the HP books, I agree that this doesn't make JKR a "great" writer. I accept that there is a difference between books which are truly great and those which are simply popular....however I am still far from agreeing with you on Jane Austen.
    Okay then. I'll just have to forever doubt your intelligence. Sigh .

ReputationRep:
    Okay then. I'll just have to forever doubt your intelligence. Sigh .
    *grin*...the feeling is mutual my dear

ReputationRep:
    *grin*...the feeling is mutual my dear
    I don't care. You like Jane Austen

ReputationRep:
    I should think there are more men who like blondes than those who don't, so even if a load did come out saying they didn't like them, a load more would come out saying that they did.
    Once again, look at the links to these polls.

http://www.free-press-release.com/n...1076414770.html

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/cel...e/besthairstyle

http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=4128024209

http://www.bestandworst.com/pages/v...esult-1735.html

ReputationRep:
    Did you say you found this doing a websearch for an anti-blonde forum? Just to clarify something.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.