Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a blonde, and proud of it, what you are saying is narrow minded..you make out that the whole population of women should revolve their looks around you. Wake up. Women over prolonged periods of time have started to change their looks, and one thing you say is you can't find a brunette. 1, there are brunettes, and 2, maybe they just don't like your personality.

Okay, so i know where you are coming from, you are suggesting blonde is the colour to dye for (cool pun.. LOL) , and that women are turning to the colour because it will make them look more attractive etc. However if you argue this, you might as well argue about men dyeing their hair when it gets grey or something. It is the same thing, we like to look good, and if that woman likes blonde hair as it makes her look better, so let it be.

How can you say you don't find blondes attractive? Okay that is like me saying i hate people with blue eyes. :confused: Deary me, if you hate people with blonde hair, you are one shallow, sad melodramatic person... and as much as people are entitled to opinions, yours is like saying we should have an Aryan race with brunettes. Red, black, Blonde, Brown Green Purple whatever colour.

I hope you fall in love with a blonde woman and have blonde little kids, because then you really will wake up and realise there is more to stereotyping blondes, and having your own set values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    I'm a blonde, and proud of it, what you are saying is narrow minded..you make out that the whole population of women should revolve their looks around you. Wake up. Women over prolonged periods of time have started to change their looks, and one thing you say is you can't find a brunette. 1, there are brunettes, and 2, maybe they just don't like your personality.

Okay, so i know where you are coming from, you are suggesting blonde is the colour to dye for (cool pun.. LOL) , and that women are turning to the colour because it will make them look more attractive etc. However if you argue this, you might as well argue about men dyeing their hair when it gets grey or something. It is the same thing, we like to look good, and if that woman likes blonde hair as it makes her look better, so let it be.

How can you say you don't find blondes attractive? Okay that is like me saying i hate people with blue eyes. :confused: Deary me, if you hate people with blonde hair, you are one shallow, sad melodramatic person... and as much as people are entitled to opinions, yours is like saying we should have an Aryan race with brunettes. Red, black, Blonde, Brown Green Purple whatever colour.

I hope you fall in love with a blonde woman and have blonde little kids, because then you really will wake up and realise there is more to stereotyping blondes, and having your own set values.
    Well Said. Belive it or not i'm also blonde and to say you Hate Blondes is a very derogatory comment to make. If you're going to be shallow and offensive at least keep it to your small minded insecure self Thankyou :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's not very nice to say you hate all blondes just because one apparantly got on your nerves. Blonde hair is only a feature and doesn't represent the kind of person they are.

I do prefer brunettes though, simply because I love girls with brown hair and it looks sexy on them. It's nothing to do with their personality or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I agree with the author of the original post, but I think it's very interesting how many people jump to defend blondes when someone claims that they don't like them.. and countless, COUNTLESS times I've heard people say that they hate redheads and very rarely have I seen the same response on the redhead's part.

Another interesting thing that's just occurred to me is that both blondes and redheads incur prejudice all the time- dumb blonde, Duracell- and no-one ever seems to discriminate against brunettes or those with black hair. I wonder how that worked out, because none of them are superior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Another interesting thing that's just occurred to me is that both blondes and redheads incur prejudice all the time- dumb blonde, Duracell- and no-one ever seems to discriminate against brunettes or those with black hair. I wonder how that worked out, because none of them are superior.

That's not strictly true.. You get brunette jokes based on the idea that brunettes are ugly and frigid (which I guess is the supposed image that the threadstarter is on about). But just as the vast majority of blondes aren't thick ****s, the vast majority of brunettes aren't frigid and ugly.

Most people managed to get past these unfair and untrue generalisations a long time ago. Threadstarter obviously hasn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    That's not strictly true.. You get brunette jokes based on the idea that brunettes are ugly and frigid (which I guess is the supposed image that the threadstarter is on about). But just as the vast majority of blondes aren't thick ****s, the vast majority of brunettes aren't frigid and ugly.

Most people managed to get past these unfair and untrue generalisations a long time ago. Threadstarter obviously hasn't
    I've never heard that before! People were too busy slinging "oi, ginger" insults at me for me to listen, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I've never heard that before! People were too busy slinging "oi, ginger" insults at me for me to listen, I suppose.
    What do you call a brunette whose phone rings on a Saturday night?

Suprised.

Oh, I crack me up... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I find it quite interesting how, as a redhead, I get abuse while in Britain, but when I'm in Europe, everybody adores my hair. It certainly attracts the pretty Italian and Greek boys!

I suppose it can be explained quite ironically thus – it's rare in both places, but because it's rarer away from Celtic regions, it's more treasured.

Or that could just be a load of nonsense.

*Random tired ramblings*

ReputationRep:
    does the length of girls hair matter to guys? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Warning, thread resurrection alert... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    According to someone I know, there are 7 types of white people and blondes with blue eyes are supposed to be the worst of the lot. I don't know how true this is but if there is someone else that has heard this aswell, back me up!

ReputationRep:
    Oh for crying out loud. The threadstarter's whinging about HAIR COLOUR? Aren't there more important aspects of your life to worry about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Oh for crying out loud. The threadstarters whinging about HAIR COLOUR? Aren't there more important aspects of your life to worry about?
    yep, like boobs size

ReputationRep:
    Aren't there more important aspects of your life to worry about?
    Yeah, forget hair colour, what about nail polish! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Yeah, forget hair colour, what about nail polish! :cool:
    Lol, nail polish always goes streaky when I endeavour to put it in. I'll forget and run my hand through my hair and then realise the polish is still wet. Now I never wear it

ReputationRep:
    Lol, nail polish always goes streaky when I endeavour to put it in. I'll forget and run my hand through my hair and then realise the polish is still wet. Now I never wear it
    **cringe** Once I smashed a bottle of Revlon in Vixen all over my bathroom floor...

ReputationRep:
    iv got dark hair! and if id ever die it would never be blonde!
    how stupid would i look with blonde hair anyway!
    dark eyes tanned skin... nd blonde hair... UGLY
    and i like dark hair but mine is curly an i want it straight!

ReputationRep:
    It seems most people replying to the opinions of the thread poster, managed to ignore the points he was trying to make.

I don't recall reading any suggestions to get rid of blondes, just that he doesn't like them as girlfriends. Seem fair enough to me. After all, pretty much all choices made on those issues arise from a superficial analysis of people where their 'attributes' determine whether you're interested in them or not. To list a few would be: gender, age, hair length (consider 'bald women'), height, weight/'width', skin colour, race/culture, accent, level of education, etc. The list is endless and people use it everyday - nothing special.

I do think there is the hype about blondes he talks about and this exists much less for brunettes. This hype though, I think is a relic of the days where hair dying was not common and natural blondes, being more scarce were more desired.

Arguments such as 'women dye their hair, not to please men, but to feel beautiful' are self-defeating. I wouldn't wish to comment on which of the two reasons for dying one's hair is more vain - or indeed whether or not they're ultimately equivalent, just separated by a few steps of logical reasoning.

It's quite reasonably (and likely), I think, that many of those women who choose to go blonde are doing so as a consequence of stereotypes (which form their definitions of beauty itself), and are, not too suprisingly, likely to be nearer the stereotypical blonde in personality than women who don't choose to go blonde. It therefore isn't that 'illogical' to suggest hair colour can and does reflect personality, and so provide a more 'morally' justifiable reason for him not liking blondes.

I've seen people frustrated about more petty things than hair colour and he certainly made a reasonably sensible argument.

ReputationRep:
    People who say they don't like people becuase they have blonde hair is just as bad as saying 'I don't like him because he's black' or 'I don't wanna go near her coz she's gay'. How can you hate someone you've never met becuase of their physical apperance?

I admit, there are some girls with blonde hair who are extremly conceitied, and vain, and are *****es, but there are brunettes who do that too, it has hardly anything to do with hair colour.

People who automatically 'hate' blonde people are very narrowminded and extremely predjudiced.

You can't just assume that if someone has blonde hair they will be stupid, vain, *****y and rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spring_Ryder)
    People who say they don't like people becuase they have blonde hair is just as bad as saying 'I don't like him because he's black' or 'I don't wanna go near her coz she's gay'. How can you hate someone you've never met becuase of their physical apperance?

I admit, there are some girls with blonde hair who are extremly conceitied, and vain, and are *****es, but there are brunettes who do that too, it has hardly anything to do with hair colour.

People who automatically 'hate' blonde people are very narrowminded and extremely predjudiced.

You can't just assume that if someone has blonde hair they will be stupid, vain, *****y and rude.
    Seems like your problem is with the word hate, not the concept. Maybe it's just me being silly, but not all words are to be taken literally and the poster may simply have been exaggerating - something people do quite often when frustrated/annoyed. Perhaps that he later said he doesn't really hate blondes - just exaggerating is worth noting.

I don't think what he's saying is akin to someone saying "I don't like him because he's black"; it would be more like "I wouldn't ever go out with him because he's black". Personally, I'm not sure what the difference between the two positions is (in principle), but one is politically incorrect and the other is common enough to not be shocking. As they say it's about that cool word - 'choice'.

People can and do assume if som1's blonde that they're so and so. Just as you people make assumptions about older ppl dating younger ppl when the age difference is stark. Same would apply to almost anything really. The question would be, what makes the assumption about blondes any less acceptable than assumptions about other attributes like age, intelligence, dress sense, etc.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.