varshanct95
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have two sentences that needs proof reading and corrected grammatically and the use of commas. This is for my work experience cv so please kindly help me. Highly appreciated.

A) Having studied biology, has enhanced my technique to interpret data and also, frame hypotheses and make predictions to test it.

B) Being an sales assistant and having played rugby in my previous school, has enhanced my communication skills.

Thanks

varshy
AliRizzo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by varshanct95)
I have two sentences that needs proof reading and corrected grammatically and the use of commas. This is for my work experience cv so please kindly help me. Highly appreciated.

A) Having studied biology, has enhanced my technique to interpret data and also, frame hypotheses and make predictions to test it.

B) Being an sales assistant and having played rugby in my previous school, has enhanced my communication skills.

Thanks

varshy
Your putting commas in the wrong places.

should be:

A) Studying Biology has helped enhance my ability to interpret data and also frame hypotheses and make predictions.

B) I have enhanced my communication skills through a wide range of activities, from being a sales assistant at 'XXXX' to playing rugby in my previous school.
varshanct95
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by AliRizzo)
Your putting commas in the wrong places.

should be:

A) Studying Biology has helped enhance my ability to interpret data and also frame hypotheses and make predictions.

B) I have enhanced my communication skills through a wide range of activities, from being a sales assistant at 'XXXX' to playing rugby in my previous school.
But I have already finished studying biology last year...,it's a past tense...I am not studying it anymore. I'm so confused? And thanks for ur reply!
AliRizzo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by varshanct95)
But I have already finished studying biology last year...,it's a past tense...I am not studying it anymore. I'm so confused? And thanks for ur reply!

If you want to leave it as 'having studied biology' then there should be no comma immediately after it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (0)
0%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (0)
0%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (0)
0%
No, I haven't received any communication (3)
100%

Watched Threads