The Student Room Group

a levels as a private student

hello. i just did my a levels and wanted to go in pharmacy but didnt get in so i decided to take a gap year and re do my exams coz i thought my college will let me but they didn :frown: so they said me i can ask anyother college if they will let me do. i am kind of confused how to do exams as an external or private student. please guide me with the procedure if anyone has done exams as a private student. i want to resit biology (ocr), chemistry (aqa) and maths (edexcel). both as and alevel. please HELPPP!!!!!
Email local colleges/sixth forms about your circumstances.

Google "exam centres in _____" .Put down your postcode/town.

Exam centres can charge A LOT. I had to pay £90 per module (£540 in total).
Original post by Aleena minhas
hello. i just did my a levels and wanted to go in pharmacy but didnt get in so i decided to take a gap year and re do my exams coz i thought my college will let me but they didn :frown: so they said me i can ask anyother college if they will let me do. i am kind of confused how to do exams as an external or private student. please guide me with the procedure if anyone has done exams as a private student. i want to resit biology (ocr), chemistry (aqa) and maths (edexcel). both as and alevel. please HELPPP!!!!!

Look at previous post
Reply 3
Thanks x
Reply 4
Original post by Aleena minhas

There is advice on all the exam board websites for private candidates, including names of centres that might accept you.

Quick Reply

Latest