gd.1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My entire face is made up of small features; eyes, mouth, head shape. Except my nose is so out of proportion with the rest of me- its huge.

Ive had an issue with the size of my nose for the last 7 years, and unfortunately I have been teased and made fun of because of it which has seriously affected my self esteem.

I have struggled with depression and anxiety for the last few years and have been through CBT, alternative therapy and medication to help. My mental health is an issue on its own, but having to deal with my large nose really has made it worse.

Unfortunately CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) just hasn't done the trick, if anything it makes me feel more self conscious about my nose- someone staring at me for 40 minutes every week.!! Which is why I am so keen to change my nose, in the hope it will overall improve the way I feel.

I am extremely self conscious about my face because of it which affects my daily life so much. Silly things like not going out in public places on my own because i know everyone will stare at me. Not taking photographs with my friends because i will stand out too much. Being in situations where my side profile is visible (like driving my car). I struggle so much with everyday things and I honestly think by reducing the size of my nose would seriously help with my mental health recovery.

I am about to turn 18 which has really encouraged me to look into rhinoplasty (nose job) further, and I am adamant to make it happen- its just so expensive. For someone who can't get a job due to their mental health state, it is practically impossible for me to fund this procedure. Its just an endless circle really, which sucks

So i was just wondering if anyone has any idea wether or not i would qualify for it on the nhs? And if not, any tips for being able to afford it privately

(I really don't want to come across as selfish or spoilt or anything- I just genuinely want to get better! Nothing else has worked so far...)
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gd.1)
So i was just wondering if anyone has any idea wether or not i would qualify for it on the nhs?
Surely this is a discussion to have with your doctor?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (46)
22.22%
Labour (98)
47.34%
Liberal Democrats (24)
11.59%
Green Party (15)
7.25%
Brexit Party (2)
0.97%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.45%
SNP (5)
2.42%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (3)
1.45%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)