The Student Room Group

Help!!!! First day at next

i'm starting work at NEXT as a Christmas temp. this is my first job (that is kinda long term) so i'm really anxious.

could someone who worked at NEXT tell me what happens on the first day. step by step from the moment i walk into the store, as in whats the procedure and what not.

first impression is vital and i dont wanna look like an idiot on the first day

thanks
I've not worked for Next but done my fair share of retail. First days usually involve a tour of the store, till training, security and other procedures, being introduced to the people you'll be working with, health and safety and a whole load of e - learning. Relax you have nothing to be worried about someone will be expecting you and guide you every step of the way.
Reply 2
So, I've been working at next for over a month now and yeah bored as hell.

For future reference the first day was very simple. so if anyone is going to work at Next and is nervous about the first day; ill basically walk you through what happened in my first month.

- first day I was working in Children's wear. walked into the store asked someone to direct me to the children's wear manager. coincidently the person i asked was the manager. he then showed me where the staff room is, where i put my stuff and where to sign in and then clock in for your shift. After that he told me what to do on the sales floor. Really easy and dead boring, but i suppose all retail is boring, all i did is keep my section tidy and help customers. BTW obviously your not gonna know everything on the first day so if you do get stuck ask someone.

- next day walked in put my stuff away signed in, clocked in. there is a rota which tells you what section your in so look at that before every shift and get started

- that basically went on for 1-2 weeks

-then i got till trained. at first it was difficult but over time you get used to it and its really easy. again if you get stuck ask someone.

and that's pretty much it. over the month i did change department at time, but the work is exactly the same: tidy, put stock back onto the floor and help on tills. really repetitive job, but you got to do what you got to do.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending