What can I do with a BTEC Extended Diploma in Computing Level 3?

Watch
ShedCat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
In my second year now after achieving a D* overall in my first year, just curious as to what degrees I can study at University?

Would I be able to do Accounting and Finance? I prefer the business side of Computing along with finance and am very poor at Programming.

Thanks in advance.
joshdayf1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
your best bet is to find a Level 3 Business course as they sometimes incorporate ICT into it
zackeckley
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
With an extended diploma you can study at almost any university you can get a lot of UCAS points overall (more than A levels and standard BTEC) I believe the highest you can possible amount of UCAS points is around 490 or 500 most university courses do not even require than many. So if you are interested in computing and computing course is what I would highly recommend, it also depends where you would like to go to university far away or close to home. Most university's will accept a extended diploma but it will also depend on the grade you get (so try your best) I would also recommend you start to look for courses in you second year so in the third year you have an idea if what you would like to do.
Cblivall93l
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,

I've done 3 years of BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma IT down the Hardware pathway, but I have done most of the Software pathway as well. I started my first year at Frenchay Campus, Uwe, doing BSC Hons Digital Media this September just gone and I'm really enjoying

My suggestion would be to take a look around the different courses and universities available as some unis offer courses like Digital Media that take a mixture of the modules done in the BTEC i.e. Digital Media uses Software Design and Development, Multimedia, Animation etc.

Are there any particular units that you like so far?
Minionmum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Computer science - computer science with network security - ethical hacking for cyber security - computer games programming - there is a huge range of degrees connected to ICT and computing - currently Staffordshire typical offer 280 ucas points Derby 260 ucas points or DMM - Northumbria DDM 320 ucas points - as suggested have a look - best thing to do is do an undergrad university course search on UCAS, as it will show all related courses - some uni's will want Maths at B or A level maths - and a few don't accept BTEC - speaking as a single parent of a son who will be going to Northumbria next Sept ,you can't start looking too early - finance is a big part as only one income coming into our household (mine ) Northumbria give a good scholarship (currently £3000 a year ) - without this there is no way my son could go to uni - check out the course modules as the modules can vary,especially in the final year - good luck!
DrunkIrish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zackeckley)
With an extended diploma you can study at almost any university you can get a lot of UCAS points overall (more than A levels and standard BTEC) I believe the highest you can possible amount of UCAS points is around 490 or 500 most university courses do not even require than many. So if you are interested in computing and computing course is what I would highly recommend, it also depends where you would like to go to university far away or close to home. Most university's will accept a extended diploma but it will also depend on the grade you get (so try your best) I would also recommend you start to look for courses in you second year so in the third year you have an idea if what you would like to do.
This isn't entirely true. You'll find there are many universities (incl. all Russell Group unis) that do not accept standalone BTECs.

ShedCat, you certainly can study Accounting and Finance. You'll just need to do some research into what Unis require what. If you want a September 2015 entry you'll have to be quick as I believe the closing date is January 15 2015, just a little under one month.

http://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergr...ng-and-finance make an offer at 300 UCAS points and also require GCSE English and Maths at a grade C.
Gladiatorsword
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ShedCat)
In my second year now after achieving a D* overall in my first year, just curious as to what degrees I can study at University?

Would I be able to do Accounting and Finance? I prefer the business side of Computing along with finance and am very poor at Programming.

Thanks in advance.
Job at McDonald's, kfc,subway or any fast food place really

Posted from TSR Mobile
azhar0422
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi i am doing BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in IT. At the moment i am doing 9 units

UNIT 3
UNIT 11
UNIT 14
UNIT 11
UNIT 18
UNIT 23
UNIT 5
UNIT 9
UNIT 31
Can anyone please help me Unit 18, Unit 3 and Unit 31
Thank you

Please contact me if u can help me
azhar0422
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi i am doing BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in IT. At the moment i am doing 9 units

UNIT 3
UNIT 11
UNIT 14
UNIT 11
UNIT 18
UNIT 23
UNIT 5
UNIT 9
UNIT 31
Can anyone please help me Unit 18, Unit 3 and Unit 31
Thank you

Please contact me if u can help me
07956620926[/QUOTE]
Black Hammer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

I can help you in unit 3 as i got a distinctiom for that what do you need help with?

Unit 3 and unit 31 to be exact.
Matty1526
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi is there any work anyone could send me for the btec level 3 in computing as am very unwell and struggling with this course thanks
Minionmum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You will need to speak to your tutor and see if they can send you the work for the modules home or you can access the modules on the college moodle - you cannot ask people to send you any of their work (if that is what you are asking) as it will be run through a plagiarism checker and you would both be disqualified - you can ask others to recommend books you could read to help you - but it all depends what modules you are being taught - as not all colleges teach all the same modules - they can to an extent pick and choose what modules they teach and there will be some overlap with other colleges.
reim123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can anyone please help me
reim123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
unit42 d1 i just want an understanding of what to write Interpretation
methods from my excel? but how do i start anyone give me a draft
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (150)
60.24%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.76%

Watched Threads