Queen Mary have made a decision, but how do I find out what it is?

Watch
MUL1188
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I sent my UCAS application on Wed 8 Oct, I've got two offers from City University London last Friday for Computer Science and Business Computing Systems

I also applied to Queen Mary for Computer Science with Mathematics but on their "MySIS", the status of my application is:

"The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query"

What does this mean? I first saw this on Monday morning and nothing has changed on Track.

Other university I applied to were Kings College and Royal Holloway
Blobar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MUL1188)
Hi,

I sent my UCAS application on Wed 8 Oct, I've got two offers from City University London last Friday for Computer Science and Business Computing Systems

I also applied to Queen Mary for Computer Science with Mathematics but on their "MySIS", the status of my application is:

"The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query"

What does this mean? I first saw this on Monday morning and nothing has changed on Track.

From the way I read it either there's something they aren't quite sure about your application or you should hear back within a couple of days on the decision they've made, I assume they've sent it to the admissions dept. for them to notify UCAS of their decision.
MUL1188
Rep:
?
Thanks, how long should it wait until I should be worried?
Maura Kat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

do check the Queen Mary's portal for any updates on a regular basis. if nothing flags up then email the uni with your query. in the past, students have wasted one or sometimes 2 of their uni choices for failing to provide additional material to the said uni so as to allow the uni to come to a decision.
MUL1188
Rep:
?
I have just checked the portal and the status has changed to:

"A decision has been made on your application, This will be transmitted to UCAS shortly and you can expect to receive an update via UCAS in the coming days"

I cant wait!
User1188162
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have just checked the portal and the status has changed to:

"A decision has been made on your application, This will be transmitted to UCAS shortly and you can expect to receive an update via UCAS in the coming days"

I cant wait!
Hi i've also got that update this morning. Have you heard back from them via track yet? Also if yes, how long did it take? thanks!!
mostlyamicable
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by h_1411)
Hi i've also got that update this morning. Have you heard back from them via track yet? Also if yes, how long did it take? thanks!!
hey, have you been notified anything yet? I don't know how long to wait.
I applied on Sunday night, and Queen Mary received my application on Tuesday, and I've had this message 'The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query' since Thursday :confused:
User1188162
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mostlyamicable)
hey, have you been notified anything yet? I don't know how long to wait.
I applied on Sunday night, and Queen Mary received my application on Tuesday, and I've had this message 'The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query' since Thursday :confused:
hey i got a reply the same day, they offered me a place for economics. I think that may be to do with details you have entered on your UCAS, i cant think of anything else? I'm sure its nothing serious.
MUL1188
Rep:
?
Sorry for late reply

I got an offer a few days after. You shouldn't get worried unless it has gone over two weeks.
mostlyamicable
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by h_1411)
hey i got a reply the same day, they offered me a place for economics. I think that may be to do with details you have entered on your UCAS, i cant think of anything else? I'm sure its nothing serious.
still nothing
User1188162
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mostlyamicable)
still nothing
They may be waiting for the other department to get back to them. You could ring them up if you're really worried about it
_life
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I applied for politics and history and have had 'The department have returned your application to Admissions with a decision and/or a query' since Monday... HOW LONG SHOULD I EXPECT TO WAIT?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.71%
No (647)
65.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed