The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Bioengineering 2014

I've somehow already got an offer from imperial for Bioengineering and they want to interview me on the 5th of November. Holy ****!
Anyone know what i should expect?
Reply 1
Original post by Alweedi
I've somehow already got an offer from imperial for Bioengineering and they want to interview me on the 5th of November. Holy ****!

If you mean Biomedical Engineering the admissions tutor seems to have a great love of Electrical Engineering which really threw me as we hadnt covered this in my programme, at the time of my interview. Also, since I was applying from the EU, they said I could just do an exam paper which I did. They then mentioned that it was a shame for me not to see the department and that if I was ever in London I should visit. I did and I found the department very interesting, but I thought it was just a casual visit, since I had already completed my "exam paper". But the admissions tutor then went on to give me a real grilling on circuits and electrical engineering. He also was difficult to leave which was difficult for me as I had a real interview in another department that afternoon. This interview with the Biomedic Admissions Tutor really shook me up and I was afraid i may underperform in my other department which is also a competetive department. In the end I got offers from both departments. The offer from Bioengineering was slightly higher, owing to the amount of people applying (probably resulting from the advertisement of Biomedical Engineering being the next big domaine to develop) but I had already decided to firm the offer from the other department which was lower, despite the department being oversubscribed. I did meet the Biomed Eng offer but decided I may consider this as a postgrad course, if I get that far !. On arrivals day this year I was talking to somebody whose friend had had the same experience as me with the "interview" and had been unable to answer the questions and ended up going elsewhere. My advice would be to go on an interview day - which is presumably what you are doing, since I followed the thread of students who were interviewed this way, and they are not necessarily interviewed by the person concerned, and are on a limited time schedule! Good luck, the course looks very interesting and the research etc being carried out there really intrigued me.:smile: I am sure many people will come along to reassure you that they did not have such an experience as me!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Alweedi

I got one too for the 5th! I don't think I'm going to be able to go though :frown:
Reply 3
Yeah, I didn't go either because of the PAT. Now I have it on the 26th of November.
Apparently they'll show us round the college, then two people will interview me about my personal statement and then they give you some general questions. After that there is a group exercise and in groups of 3 you have build something like a chair???

If anyone's done the interview and can help that would be great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending