Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanB)
    whoa .., a ***** she is , but whats the point of bringing the whole of america into this and making it sound like all american women are *****es ! i mean im from pakistan and a few pakistanis have done stupid things , id be offended if someone sed gay paki ... so stop generalising ...
    exactly.

ReputationRep:
    whoa .., a ***** she is , but whats the point of bringing the whole of america into this and making it sound like all american women are *****es ! i mean im from pakistan and a few pakistanis have done stupid things , id be offended if someone sed gay paki ... so stop generalising ...
    yeh sorry about that, i didn't mean all american women, just the woman in that picture, and i shouldn't have said it in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    yeh sorry about that, i didn't mean all american women, just the woman in that picture, and i shouldn't have said it in the first place
    Why should you apologise for saying the woman was an American *****?

She was undeniably a ***** as much as any other person who would do the same thing - and she was American, was she not?

ReputationRep:
    bloody americans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)

She was undeniably a ***** as much as any other person who would do the same thing - and she was American, was she not?

What a stupid thing to say .... Its like saying calling someone a Black ******* is not a racial slur... If you join the word American to the word ***** in that manner it implies negativity in the word ...

If you can't see that then you simply dont understand how the English language works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)

at least some1 understands where i'm coming from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    What a stupid thing to say .... Its like saying calling someone a Black ******* is not a racial slur... If you join the word American to the word ***** in that manner it implies negativity in the word ...

If you can't see that then you simply dont understand how the English language works
    what is it with you people why do you have to take things so seriously, got give yourself a break

ReputationRep:
    what is it with you people why do you have to take things so seriously, got give yourself a break
    what he said is right though, when u attach a nationality or race to the word it means you are generalising and implying that all people from the same nationality are like that. You seem to have accepted that ... so cool ..

ReputationRep:
    I have no great problem with you saying shes an american ***** - I mean I don't think its an accurate statement but thats your opinion ... whatever...

I'm not taking it seriously - but the comment made that it was simply commenting on her nationality in a neutral manner was so far from the truth it was laughable. I was merely pointing this out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    I have no great problem with you saying shes an american ***** - I mean I don't think its an accurate statement but thats your opinion ... whatever...

I'm not taking it seriously - but the comment made that it was simply commenting on her nationality in a neutral manner was so far from the truth it was laughable. I was merely pointing this out
    yeah fair enough that

ReputationRep:
    what he said is right though, when u attach a nationality or race to the word it means you are generalising and implying that all people from the same nationality are like that. You seem to have accepted that ... so cool ..
    as i said above, my mistake, and sorry that everyone has taken it the wrong way, i wasn't implying that all americans are like that, just that one, sorry again

ReputationRep:
    as i said above, my mistake, and sorry that everyone has taken it the wrong way, i wasn't implying that all americans are like that, just that one, sorry again
    No - I totally see that you didn't mean it in that way - my post was directed at the person who was denying it had negative implciations ... though I know you didn't mean them

ReputationRep:
    who cares what they say, she did it didn't she, american *****
    hilarious...lol

ReputationRep:
    To let you know, i oppose the idea of suicide bombers, its wrong, against everything that their religion tells them
    but..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    but..?
    why do you assume that theres a but, there isn't! do you have some kind of grudge against me, cos you're always like this with me

ReputationRep:
    why do you assume that theres a but, there isn't! do you have some kind of grudge against me, cos you're always like this with me
    Vienna likes to give one-word quips and believe that this discredits what the person has said. Sadly, she is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Vienna likes to give one-word quips and believe that this discredits what the person has said. Sadly, she is wrong.
    yeh i gatherd that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    about discrediting a personal comment? i was merely pointing out that its been heard all before and theres usually a 'but' in there somewhere. hardly that upsetting is it?

ReputationRep:
    why do you assume that theres a but, there isn't!
    i was making a brief point. not really worthwhile, but i was amused by your comment.

do you have some kind of grudge against me,
    no, just what you say.

cos you're always like this with me
    then stop writing things that i disagree with..hehe.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i gatherd that
    youll also notice that bigcnee doesnt have much of a sense of humour.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.