What are the toughest (AS level) topics of Physics, Bio and Chemistry?Watch
Anyone who took sciences at AS?
In Biology (OCR), we learnt Biological Molecules first as it was apparently the hardest, but I found Cells pretty tricky because of the level of detail you had to remember. Also, plant transpiration and things was difficult because it was so damn boring.
And I found all of Physics (OCR) hard, but all of Unit two was quite difficult as we had to learn it so damn fast.
But like I said, it depends on who you are and where your weaknesses lie.
Physics/Chemistry hardest depending on your strengths.
Posted from TSR Mobile
- Remembering all the details
- Plant biology (xylem, phloem, root pathways, Transpiration)
- Biological molecules ( pretty easy if you're good at chem)
A lot of it is hard since it is quite a jump from gcse, unlike bio:
- Group 2 / group 7 ( basically the inorganic bit since so many reactions and color changes etc to remember.)
- Hess law ( this and enthalpy -some people found it hard in my class)
- Organic reaction mechanisms (first time you might come across this topic so people find it hard)
- Waves (standing waves, resonance etc)
- Projectile motion ( many people werent good at this since they lacked good trig skills)
that's all the things i could think of that people in my classes generally found tricky.