The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Conversation with Bank manager

So I moved back home after finishing a PhD at Imperial last week and I was talking to the customer manager in a bank.

"Can I open a saving account? I would also like a sterling account in addition to the local currency one"

"Of course, may I ask where do you work and your salary range please ?"

"Well... I still haven't got a job. Does that matter? "

"Not at all. May I know your education level? But you look like an undergrad and I'll put you as Student anyway. Just curious, which University did you study ? "

"Imperial College" I replied.

"I am sorry. It sounds like some kind of community college?"

"Um... Yes... It is the favorite place for students who can't get into 'Universities'"

"Poor guy. Iet me tell you what. My cousin has just graduated from a famous English University called The university of west london and he's got a decent job in one of our branches. May be you should do a Master's there. 95% of the students get a job. It is worthy isn't it ?"

"That sounds brillant. I will consider that. But I am afraid I am not a finance or banking guy."

"Well, you need to make the decision. He told me that there is another poor College called UCL where most of their graduates had to work in Mcdonalds"

"Well actually I like Mcdonalds"

And thats all of the interesting conversation.
Reply 1
Send him a copy of the last QS ranking.....but remember to ask him if he'd like fries with it.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Wow. Which country did this happen in? Can't believe he called Imperial a community college. From Imperial to University of West London. Damn... I had to search up University of West London, never heard of it.
(edited 9 years ago)
lol what???

Quick Reply

Latest