This discussion is closed.
Maskal|
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Oops sorry, my bad.

Why do people say 'my bad'? I always think 'my bad' what? Like there should be something that follows the saying.

I think it qualifies as the most annoying saying for me. It makes me cringe when I hear or read it. Don't you think I have a moot point? People that say it really irritate me.

Oh sorry if I offended anyone, my bad.
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Maskal|)
Oops sorry, my bad.

Why do people say 'my bad'? I always think 'my bad' what? Like there should be something that follows the saying.

I think it qualifies as the most annoying saying for me. It makes me cringe when I hear or read it. Don't you think I have a moot point? People that say it really irritate me.

yeh i agree, it just doesn't sound quite right
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Maskal|)
Oops sorry, my bad.

It is just a new phrase meaning they have done something wrong, although as today's youth have limited speech skills, they have developed 'my bad' instead of saying anything longer.
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
It is just a new phrase meaning they have done something wrong, although as today's youth have limited speech skills, they have developed 'my bad' instead of saying anything longer.
i think he knew what it meant, he just wondered why people say it
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Baron)
i think he knew what it meant, he just wondered why people say it
That was a suggestion as to why it was said.
musiq
Report 16 years ago
I'm just too lazy to use a long sentence when two words "my bad" seems to capture what i'm trying to say perfectly!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musiq)
I'm just too lazy to use a long sentence when two words "my bad" seems to capture what i'm trying to say perfectly!
you could just say "my fault"
littleone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
exactly! its really quite irritating when people do this...do you think if this type of thing continues, soon the english language will be completely different to how it is now???
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Im kind of opposite, i start rambling a string of apologies. :rolleyes:
EconLou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Abbreviations annoy me, and phrases that go in and out of fashion. Like okey dokey, a while back at my school everyone asid it. Things that don't make sense annoy me to, so yes I agree my bad is irritating, but no doubt another phrase will come into fashon soon.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (43)
7.75%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (43)
7.75%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (132)
23.78%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (75)
13.51%
No, nothing has changed (174)
31.35%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (88)
15.86%

Watched Threads