Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oops sorry, my bad.

Why do people say 'my bad'? I always think 'my bad' what? Like there should be something that follows the saying.

I think it qualifies as the most annoying saying for me. It makes me cringe when I hear or read it. Don't you think I have a moot point? People that say it really irritate me.

Oh sorry if I offended anyone, my bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maskal|)
    Oops sorry, my bad.

Why do people say 'my bad'? I always think 'my bad' what? Like there should be something that follows the saying.

I think it qualifies as the most annoying saying for me. It makes me cringe when I hear or read it. Don't you think I have a moot point? People that say it really irritate me.

yeh i agree, it just doesn't sound quite right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maskal|)
    Oops sorry, my bad.

It is just a new phrase meaning they have done something wrong, although as today's youth have limited speech skills, they have developed 'my bad' instead of saying anything longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    It is just a new phrase meaning they have done something wrong, although as today's youth have limited speech skills, they have developed 'my bad' instead of saying anything longer.
    i think he knew what it meant, he just wondered why people say it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i think he knew what it meant, he just wondered why people say it
    That was a suggestion as to why it was said.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just too lazy to use a long sentence when two words "my bad" seems to capture what i'm trying to say perfectly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musiq)
    I'm just too lazy to use a long sentence when two words "my bad" seems to capture what i'm trying to say perfectly!
    you could just say "my fault"

ReputationRep:
    exactly! its really quite irritating when people do this...do you think if this type of thing continues, soon the english language will be completely different to how it is now???

ReputationRep:
    Im kind of opposite, i start rambling a string of apologies. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Abbreviations annoy me, and phrases that go in and out of fashion. Like okey dokey, a while back at my school everyone asid it. Things that don't make sense annoy me to, so yes I agree my bad is irritating, but no doubt another phrase will come into fashon soon.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.