The Student Room Group

Immunology/Microbiology/Virology/Biological Sciences HEEELLLPP

Hey guys,

I am apply to the UK ( Scotland ) this year and I need some help. I am interested in studying the immune system, viruses and other pathogens at University. However, looking at the Universities I want to apply to, they all offer similar yet different courses.

For example, The university of Edinburgh offers a course in Infectious Disease and one in Biological Sciences ( Immunology ) . The University of Aberdeen offers one in Immunology and one in Microbiology both with industrial placement. Glasgow also offers one in Immunology. How can I apply with one personal statement to multiple Universities which offer similar courses that I'd like to apply too :/ ?

What I mean is, in my statement, when mentioning ( for example ) immunology, how can i apply to another university that offers infectious diseases with the same statement ? Is mentioning microbiology in a statement fine when Im also applying for Immunology ?

I was hoping someone had some advice. Thanks :smile:
Just don't talk very specifically about "immunology" just talk about the immune system in general and it covers most of it, or even just talk about "infection biology" - the differences aren't much and I doubt you'd be rejected on the basis of mentioning one in particular

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply