The Student Room Group

How long before prelims should I start revising?

I am currently in S5 and I am studying 5 Highers. My school has prelims at the start of February and I was wondering how long does everyone else leave themselves to revise for prelims and how much should I be doing every day when I start? I do tend to panic a lot so I would appreciate a reply from a few people :colondollar:

(For National 5 I revised about a month before prelims and got 5 A grades but obviously Higher is much more difficult so that's why I want to know)
It really depends on the individual. How are you finding the work in class?
Reply 2
If I were you, I'd start revising now, a lot of the people in S5 study 2-3 hours a day, but it depends how well you understand everything in each subject.
Most of the people I know who go 5A's in S5 studied religiously throughout the year! It is possible to do more intensive studying but that can make you start to panic more. I would recommend doing as much studying and papers as you possibly can. I doubt anyone will really say they wish they had started revising later than they did! Also I found teachers increase the workload a lot in the run up to prelims to meet the deadlines so make sure you are prepared!!
Reply 4
I never really did much revision for my nat 5's either :tongue:
The best idea is to start revising right now but don't go crazy just look back over things, do a little additional research and then about two or three weeks before step it up a notch... and be grateful you have till February- mine are the second week in January :unimpressed: going to have to do some studying over the Xmas hols I'm afraid :frown:
Original post by sir_dazzle
I am currently in S5 and I am studying 5 Highers. My school has prelims at the start of February and I was wondering how long does everyone else leave themselves to revise for prelims and how much should I be doing every day when I start? I do tend to panic a lot so I would appreciate a reply from a few people :colondollar:

(For National 5 I revised about a month before prelims and got 5 A grades but obviously Higher is much more difficult so that's why I want to know)

I am doing five highers too. I do an hour of revision every night except a Saturday:smile:
Also check out my Work Tips on the MySQA 2015 thread. And good luck!
It won't hurt to start revising now; even just a little and ease yourself into it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sir_dazzle

Slightly late now haha, but I did 5 Highers last year and I really regret not revising as much as I could've! Start as early as possible, but obviously don't overdo it!

Quick Reply

Latest