The Student Room Group

He got a new gf 3 days after he dumped me....is it my fault?

Me and my ex broke up 3 weeks ago exactly.

We were very serious and practically engaged. However, he would always go out with girls who I didn't know and I got a bit jealous about that. This little jealousy turned into huge jealousy, and he broke up with me because I 'didn't trust him'.

Then, he got a new girlfriend 3 days after he broke up with me. It's one of the girls he went out with, who I got jealous of. To make things worse, she is now living with him.

I am not proud of the way I reacted when he told me. I called him, and her, every name under the sun. He said 'this is the reason I didn't want to be with you.'

I blame myself partly though. Is this my fault, and my destructive jealous personality?
3 days...yeah there was probably something going on. Maybe he didn't outright cheat, but he was probably at least tempted and it seems you were justified. Unless you were "on a break" which it doesn't seem you were.
Sorry for your loss. I don't think your jealousy is to blame. If he is dilly dallying with the ladies unbeknownst to you he is better off living with them.
Don't put yourself down. As the last post said, he deserves to be with a home wrecker as he is one himself in a way. Just move on and be happy that you now are free to be with anyone more respectful, faithful and loyal to you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my ex broke up 3 weeks ago exactly.

We were very serious and practically engaged. However, he would always go out with girls who I didn't know and I got a bit jealous about that. This little jealousy turned into huge jealousy, and he broke up with me because I 'didn't trust him'.

Then, he got a new girlfriend 3 days after he broke up with me. It's one of the girls he went out with, who I got jealous of. To make things worse, she is now living with him.

I am not proud of the way I reacted when he told me. I called him, and her, every name under the sun. He said 'this is the reason I didn't want to be with you.'

I blame myself partly though. Is this my fault, and my destructive jealous personality?

She's moved in with him in 3 weeks --- errrrm... I wouldn't think this is going to last too long.
Reply 5
i dont wanna pour gasoline on the ring of fire that you've surrounded yourself in...but yeah...your reaction is completely unacceptable, im sorry to say. so what if he goes out with other girls, so what if he broke up with you and picked someone else over you. sorry to say, but your behaviour is completely uncivilised and unladylike, i hate to offend, but im not going to sugar coat it. so what he broke up with you, BIG DEAL, get over it. you're not the only woman in the world, plenty more fish in the sea. i dont get why people get SO worked up when someone isnt fully devoted to them and only to them, its ridiculous to expect that out of a person. its an open relationship. he doesnt want you, he found someone else he wants, you have to accept it, move on and forget about it. find someone who wants you, there's definitely someone out there for you, but its never going to be him so just forget him, you dont need him now. you will find someone better, someone who wants you, someone who will stay with you.
Original post by Stinkum
i dont wanna pour gasoline on the ring of fire that you've surrounded yourself in...but yeah...your reaction is completely unacceptable, im sorry to say. so what if he goes out with other girls, so what if he broke up with you and picked someone else over you. sorry to say, but your behaviour is completely uncivilised and unladylike, i hate to offend, but im not going to sugar coat it. so what he broke up with you, BIG DEAL, get over it. you're not the only woman in the world, plenty more fish in the sea. i dont get why people get SO worked up when someone isnt fully devoted to them and only to them, its ridiculous to expect that out of a person. its an open relationship. he doesnt want you, he found someone else he wants, you have to accept it, move on and forget about it. find someone who wants you, there's definitely someone out there for you, but its never going to be him so just forget him, you dont need him now. you will find someone better, someone who wants you, someone who will stay with you.

Dude stfu
Seriously OP. Your ex sounds like a douche. 3 days?? sorry to break it to you but clearly there was something going on before you even broke up. He is not a trust worthy person and I think you should be glad you got rid of him. Be smarter with your choice of men next time.
Count your blessings that you got out of there. Like, what even. What kind of idiot gets all high and mighty and is all like 'this is why I don't wanna be with you' when he just got with one of the girls he went out with like 60 odd hours after you broke up, proving you were right to be curious. Dick.
Reply 9
OP, I'd be jealous like you too. And the fact he got with her 3 days later after you broke up with him shows it wasn't for nothing. But good for you - now you're free to find someone better!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending