epatrick17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm and American teenager and possibly moving to London next year... I will be entering sixth form and I was wondering what it will be like. I have long brown hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin, I also don't have the stereotypical cheerleader/valley girl accent... Are there any big differences between American teenagers and British teenagers? I also play soccer (football), do you think I would be able to try out for a team? What is soccer for girls like in England? Would I have to play on a boys team? Thanks!
Skitee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends on where in London - London's a big city and the culture in different places is REALLY different: culture where I am and the culture across the city is a huge variation. Being American will probably get you quite a bit of attention, if you react to that in the right (friendly, unselfish) way people will probably like you and since everyone in London is used to people from all over the world you'll fit in.

A big difference (I think) might be that the education system here is a bit more advanced that in America so you might have catching up to do, which may be tricky... that's if what I've heard is true at least.

Playing Football, most sixth forms will have a girl's team. If not, you won't be able to play on a boy's team, I think that's against one of the silly rules which the Football association of this country sets. :s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (148)
60.66%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.51%
No- I want it (68)
27.87%
No- I don't want it (17)