Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.geocities.com/dazya2004/room2.jpg

DazYa's bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    mine is called pc-mark on the house network. I just refer to it as my pc though.
    Do you ever talk to pc-mark, I talk to sakura all the time, and when I'm addressing her in front of friends, she is sakura-chan, just for politeness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    <wonders why she is "chan">
    blissy-chan is blissy-chan because I am addressing you as a stranger rather than a friend, therefore it would be rude to just call you blissy, blissy-chan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYa6)
    http://www.geocities.com/dazya2004/room2.jpg

DazYa's bed
    you sleep on a page not available, is that possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    you sleep on a page not available, is that possible?
    copy and paste everything from the 'geocities.com' bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYa6)
    copy and paste everything from the 'geocities.com' bit
    that invloves intelligent thought, and it's the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's normal, but I actually have a symbiotic relationship with sakura. BTW, is your laptop a crossdresser then, or just a female who didn't want to be.
    I don't really see my laptop as a woman. Its kind of too grey to be a girl. At the moment it's the only man in my life who I know doesn't judge me on my appearance. Most objects seem quite manly to me, except for my black and white polka-dot guitar that just has to be a girl!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    I don't really see my laptop as a woman. Its kind of too grey to be a girl. At the moment it's the only man in my life who I know doesn't judge me on my appearance. Most objects seem quite manly to me, except for my black and white polka-dot guitar that just has to be a girl!!
    If you want a confused laptop, that's your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I think I deserve a prize for the least organised computer. Maybe it deserves a name like 'scruffy', or 'inside_out'.
    lol, why don't u have a case?

ReputationRep:
    Why bother when I have a desk to sit it on? I don't have to keep unscrewing it.
    lol, i thought i was bad not attaching my hard drives to my case...

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't it get all dusty? My friend is obsessed with covering her laptop up. I use a toothbrush to get all the crap out of the keys every now and then (when I start to feel sick..)

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't it get all dusty? My friend is obsessed with covering her laptop up. I use a toothbrush to get all the crap out of the keys every now and then (when I start to feel sick..)
    it gets dusty inside the case aswell. the fans attract loads of dust

ReputationRep:
    have a look on the back on your laptop blissy-chan, there are lots of female sockets.
    And one male. Does that mean all computers are hermaphrodites? It's about personality more than features

piginapoke... I'm sure you're just asking for trouble (imagines knocking desk and computer components going crashing to the floor) (imagines tripping up on way to desk, hand landing on motherboard, static discharge ruining everything)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    it gets dusty inside the case aswell. the fans attract loads of dust
    OH NO, now I know. (What the eye don't see, the heart don't grieve over). Now I will have to open up the computer at home to dust it.

ReputationRep:
    I never cover over sakura, I really don't seem the point. Anyway, she's afraid of the dark.

ReputationRep:
    Been there done that and got the T-shirt. Recently ruined a motherboard by spilling a can of coke over it (amazingly, it still worked for half an hour...), hence it is elevated now and I also have coasters!
    One of the first windows computer I got actually worked without a heatsink, it was rather puzzling actually, but then again it did eventually die.

ReputationRep:
    Things like 486s didn't give off an awful lot of heat so they could run without a heatsink. Although my DX266 didn't like being overclocked to 90Mhz very much.
    it wasn't a 486, it was a pentium 133MHz, which incidently was the last pentium I ever had.

ReputationRep:
    It had no heatsink? Odd. My P166 definitely did, although it was tiny, about half the size of the heatsink on a gfx card now...
    I have no idea why it worked, it just did.

on a lighter note, one of my HDDs is called mark, which resides in sakura, find your own meaning.

ReputationRep:
    I am wondering if it is just me, so, have any of you named their computer, mine's called Sakura
    Mine's called bugger for being such a pain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Mine's called bugger for being such a pain...
    You should be nice to your computer, then they will be nice to you.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.