The Student Room Group

Microsoft video interview (Graduate Project Management & Business Consulting scheme)

Hi all, I have an upcoming video interview ("Interactive Interview Assessment") for the above scheme at Microsoft where it's pre-recorded and no actual interview. I've never done one of these before and was wondering how people found them in general?

Also, I've done some research and can't seen to find any past questions that people have been asked. Has anyone here had an interview with Microsoft for the same scheme? If so, what kinds of questions were asked? And how many questions etc.

Any details would help! Thanks!

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I've got the same interview coming up and also couldn't find much information. I spoke to someone who had it for an internship and he said that he had to answer 8 questions, broad about his personality and then more specific to the program he was applying to.

When do you need to complete yours? They gave me 5 days and I got the e-mail on Wednesday.

Also, do you know what whether this program would be based in Reading or in London?

Thanks!
Original post by sxh287
Hey! I've got the same interview coming up and also couldn't find much information. I spoke to someone who had it for an internship and he said that he had to answer 8 questions, broad about his personality and then more specific to the program he was applying to.

When do you need to complete yours? They gave me 5 days and I got the e-mail on Wednesday.

Also, do you know what whether this program would be based in Reading or in London?

Thanks!

I got my email on Friday so will need to complete it by Wednesday. Yeah I read somewhere that it was 8 questions as well but wasn't sure. I've done competency interviews before so I'm hoping I'll be alright for the personality questions: now just going to spend a day or so researching the firm, it's services, Windows 8 etc.

I honestly have no idea about where it will be based but if I had to hazard at a guess, I'd say either they let you choose or it will be in London since it's likely where they'll have the bigger clients.

So you have to do yours by Monday right? Could you let me know what it's like after you've done yours please :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 3
It is 8 questions, and don't worry, they are primarily competency based!

I had some issues setting up the camera at first as it wouldn't connect to the page, so give yourself enough time to prepare that.

Good luck!
Reply 4
Any idea how long it will take them to get back to us? :smile:
Original post by sxh287
It is 8 questions, and don't worry, they are primarily competency based!

I had some issues setting up the camera at first as it wouldn't connect to the page, so give yourself enough time to prepare that.

Good luck!

Original post by sxh287
Any idea how long it will take them to get back to us? :smile:

Thanks! Yeah I did mine on Monday.

No idea but I hope its sooner rather than later.
Reply 6
Has anyone completed the video interview and been invited to the Skype interview?
Reply 7
No, but I've applied for the year in industry. Have you?
Reply 8
Original post by yu2012
Has anyone completed the video interview and been invited to the Skype interview?

Yes, I have done both already and passed both. Now waiting to see if they invite me to the AC or not (if you pass the skype interview, managers go through your answers and decide whether or not you get to go to the AC...)
Reply 9
Original post by Mafuzzer
No, but I've applied for the year in industry. Have you?

I've applied for a graduate position.
Reply 10
Original post by sxh287
Yes, I have done both already and passed both. Now waiting to see if they invite me to the AC or not (if you pass the skype interview, managers go through your answers and decide whether or not you get to go to the AC...)

Congrats! I've just completed my pre-recorded video interview. How long did it take them to tell you that you have been selected for a Skype interview?
Original post by yu2012
Congrats! I've just completed my pre-recorded video interview. How long did it take them to tell you that you have been selected for a Skype interview?

What were the questions in the video interview like? Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by yu2012

Around 2 weeks
Original post by yu2012

Yes, but they haven't told me when it is and they asked me over a week ago :/
Original post by yu2012

Less than a week for me
I was told I had passed the pre-recorded video interview about 2 and a half weeks ago and today received this email:

"We are writing to advise you that due to the large volume of applications that we have received for our Graduate opportunities this year, your application is currently on hold. We will get back to you as soon as possible with an update regarding the status of your application.

Please accept our apologies for keeping you waiting."

Great...
Original post by Throwaway2521
I was told I had passed the pre-recorded video interview about 2 and a half weeks ago and today received this email:

"We are writing to advise you that due to the large volume of applications that we have received for our Graduate opportunities this year, your application is currently on hold. We will get back to you as soon as possible with an update regarding the status of your application.

Please accept our apologies for keeping you waiting."

Great...

Great :/
Reply 17
Hey guys and girls,

I also have an impending Skype interview and would appreciate any advice that can be given by anyone who has done it.
hi all,

I have an impending pre-recorded video interview for the intern role in business operations. I was wondering if anyone has completed this stage yet and could kindly give me an idea of the questions asked and how long you answered for each one?

thank you
I had a Skype interview nearly a month ago and they still haven't gotten back to me. Has anyone been invited to an assessment centre? I applied to the finance placement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending