Correction:

'As per the title'
in a rush, m8.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not sure what you mean exactly, but I'll try and summarise it using my own words.

Basically over 100 conservationists, business leaders, landowners, celebrities and academics from the west country signed a letter to the Prime Minister on 24th June 2013.

On May 22nd 2013, a month before this letter, a report was released called the "state of nature" report. It found that a lot of once common wildlife species have declined significantly for reasons like habitat loss, pollution and invasive species.

The letter says this report is a wake up call that we shouldn't ignore, and that we need to take action now to prevent and reverse those declines, rather than waiting for an economic recovery. We need to be more ambitious with wildlife conservation and environmental protection.

The letter calls for politicians to make pro-nature decisions in parliament and not to ignore those issues.

The letter ends with 3 recommendations: marine area protections, promote wildlife friendly farming, and to develop and grow a sustainable economy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (134)
18.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
9.93%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (127)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (72)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (224)
30.48%

Watched Threads