The Student Room Group

Should I settle for less?

Here is my story. I have been working in care home for over year and I cannot do it any more. Although I only work two days a week due to university, the stress I get before I even go there is very high. I start feeling really miserable, annoyed and just very unfocused. The senior staff are not my forte they are all up the managers' backside and we always come last. I have been applying for so many jobs and I have been accepted for a housekeeper job at a care home which is what I will do, despite the fact that I have qualifications to be a health care assistant.

Everyone I know is disagreeing with my decision, saying that why am I settling for less and why am I stooping myself for NMW. I couldn't care less, I want a busy but more ''leave her alone and get on with it'' job than people picking on me all the time.

Sorry I need to let it out. I've tried talking about it but I have nobody to speak to :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I think that's fair. It's not like it's your career, you're at uni. Do what ever pays the bills!

Quick Reply

Latest