The Student Room Group

Is it good i passed my exams first time 2 years early?

Hey :smile:

Just wondering if it is good or not that I am doing a BTEC Level 2 in Sports at secondary school because i passed the exams first time round and took them at the end of year 9 and was one of only two students to pass them :/ Can anyone tell me if it is good that i did or not?

Casscub
Reply 1
sure, il stroke your ego for you. Well done!
Good for who? If you're talking about universities, they really won't care when you took them, they're just interested in what grades you got.
Reply 3
Original post by JamieMT92
sure, il stroke your ego for you. Well done!

Okay thanks :smile: i will say i got 50% on one of them so was a bit shocked :P
Reply 4
Original post by Chlorophile
Good for who? If you're talking about universities, they really won't care when you took them, they're just interested in what grades you got.

It was more of a general question as i am having to start at looking at colleges as i don't even know what a college would want to allow me to do courses. As i still have a year and a bit left but my application i will be doing this time next year so am kind of already freaking a little because i don't know if its good in general that i passed both my exams first time round or not :/

Casscub
Reply 5
Original post by Trihawk7
No it's terrible

How is it terrible? :/ Now all i feel is stupid :/
Reply 6
What did i say? O_O
Original post by casscub
What did i say? O_O

He was being sarcastic. And to your question... It doesn't matter if you took the exam early, what matters to colleges and unis are the grades. You said you passed them, so i'm assuming D/C? If that's right i suggest retaking them to get at least a B if you want to do A levels. If you want to continue BTEC sport and do level 3 next year, i guess you're fine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Sorry i am now really confused as i passed but it was higher than a pass as i got a Merit :/ Is good or not that i passed the exams first time round? Sorry i am just so confused with people saying different things :/

Casscub
Well good for a year 9 I guess, try to move upto GCSE so you can get into ALevels

Quick Reply

Latest