The Student Room Group

Afraid of girls saying YES

This is why i get extremely terrified of asking girls out and having sex with them. If a girl says no to me or if people don't wanna hang out with me, then it obviously sucks but it feels good in a way because it's what i'm used to.

I get plenty of opportunities to improve my life but i always end up wasting them away and at work i get really jealous of the guys talking about how many girls they've ****ed. I feel like i'm not worthy of finding a woman who will love me, take care of me and want to sleep with me and do all those things that couples do. What do you have to do, to feel worthy and deserving of it.

I always start off very well with people, but i manage to **** it up with everyone i become friends with by assuming that they don't wanna be with me. I can't keep doing this as i'll end up dying alone. poor and miserable like my father.
Reply 1
BUMP
Reply 2
You need to work on yourself and your self esteem before you start thinking about relationships.
That kind of attitude is what will put girls off. Self pitying and neediness is not good.
Learn to like yourself. Can't give advice on how - you just learn to.
Reply 3
Original post by Inazuma
You need to work on yourself and your self esteem before you start thinking about relationships.
That kind of attitude is what will put girls off. Self pitying and neediness is not good.
Learn to like yourself. Can't give advice on how - you just learn to.

That's not helpful!

How am i needy and self pitying?
Original post by Anonymous
That's not helpful!

Try not to doubt yourself too much, and try not to focus on your fears. I guess you never know what opportunities may lie around the corner for you. Be spontaneous and go with the flow :smile:
Reply 5
That's not helpful!

Because you're talking so negatively about yourself. Ignore whats bad, focus on what's good. Keep thinking you're worthless will not help
Reply 6
It's comforting to stay in the same condition as you're used to, but you'll never experience anything better if you never take the plunge. Yes it will take hard work and probably suck at first (which is probably what you're subconsciously worried about) but the end result is always worth enduring the process.
Reply 7
That's not helpful!

"I feel like i'm not worthy"
"extremely terrified"
"i'll end up dying alone"

You need to like yourself as I said. I did it, with no-one to help me.
As soon as you have the confidence and motivation to feel like you are worth it then things will happen. it's not healthy to go into relationships when you feel like you do.
This is why i get extremely terrified of asking girls out and having sex with them. If a girl says no to me or if people don't wanna hang out with me, then it obviously sucks but it feels good in a way because it's what i'm used to.

I get plenty of opportunities to improve my life but i always end up wasting them away and at work i get really jealous of the guys talking about how many girls they've ****ed. I feel like i'm not worthy of finding a woman who will love me, take care of me and want to sleep with me and do all those things that couples do. What do you have to do, to feel worthy and deserving of it.

I always start off very well with people, but i manage to **** it up with everyone i become friends with by assuming that they don't wanna be with me. I can't keep doing this as i'll end up dying alone. poor and miserable like my father.

Dude, never ask until you know the answer is yes. If she says no, you asked too soon.
Reply 9
Original post by Inazuma
"I feel like i'm not worthy"
"extremely terrified"
"i'll end up dying alone"

You need to like yourself as I said. I did it, with no-one to help me.
As soon as you have the confidence and motivation to feel like you are worth it then things will happen. it's not healthy to go into relationships when you feel like you do.

How did you do it and how long did it take you?
How did you do it and how long did it take you?

A while. I was depressed for a fairly long time which was the main problem. I think it probably took me a year or two in the end.
Just appreciating myself for what I can do and what I know I can do. Obviously people being nice and complimentary helped a lot in those days, but over reliance on that doesn't work out well long-term.
Original post by Foo.mp3
"Look after you"? Go back to mommy until you're ready to be a man son. Either that or find yourself a cougar or socially reclusive chick whom would consider dating a 'nice guy' with low self esteem

Once you're ready to be a man, and have the drive necessary to work at your self confidence, the first step will be to establish your self worth. This should happen as an ordinary process of growing, learning, and introspection - backed up by the positive reinforcement of life experiences, achievements and social validation. If not, try starting with some self help/motivational clips/articles/books, and start to expand your range and depth of opportunities for the above 'reinforcement'

Girls won't love you nearly as much until you learn to love yourself. No-one likes a show off, or an entitled prick, but girls are actually typically drawn to guys whom are a little entitled, and slightly self absorbed e.g. into their own **** and not particularly bothered about related social judgements

Good luck Jim!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even when i achieve something i don't feel good for a long time. It only lasts for a while then i just feel like a fraud for having been successful.

I don't get much positive reinforcement of social validation which makes me needy i think. I have the drive that is required to get a healthy sense of self but i can't help but always feel less than other people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending