The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Please don't :no: You don't deserve anything but good things in life. I don't know exactly what it is you've done but I can guess and if I'm right then this kind of thing can become addictive. Be careful.
Original post by ScaryScience
Please don't :no: You don't deserve anything but good things in life. I don't know exactly what it is you've done but I can guess and if I'm right then this kind of thing can become addictive. Be careful.

I'm sorry :frown: but I had to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nohomo
Hi

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey dude, how's it going?
*Trigger warning* Do not open!

Spoiler

Reply 983
Original post by Anonymous
Hey dude, how's it going?
*Trigger warning* Do not open!

Spoiler

I'm alright thanks :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Odd socks
I'm sorry :frown: but I had to

Posted from TSR Mobile

:loveduck: :frown: Please take a minute to step back and re-evaluate things? I promise you now it's a very slippery slope. You don't want this. Not really :no: I promise you that. Please find another way? PM me if you need hun.
Original post by nohomo
I'm alright thanks :smile:

If you think the reddit one is a good one it might be a good idea. I've never really been on reddit. I know another one too that might help.

But maybe the whole idea of referring people to suicide forums isn't considered a good idea on here.

You're right, sorry I didn't think this through. :s
I guess I just automatically assumed some support is better than no support which is not always the case.
Sorry.
Reply 986
Original post by senz72
You're right, sorry I didn't think this through. :s
I guess I just automatically assumed some support is better than no support which is not always the case.
Sorry.

No I was the one who brought the idea up. I think I agree that some support is better than none. Perhaps the forum wouldn't allow it though because if they refer someone and then it goes horribly wrong they might get into trouble...i don't know if this is a concern.
Original post by nohomo
No I was the one who brought the idea up. I think I agree that some support is better than none. Perhaps the forum wouldn't allow it though because if they refer someone and then it goes horribly wrong they might get into trouble...i don't know if this is a concern.

If I've interpretted the rules correctly; it's around the issue of not having members of this community and it's staff trained to deal with this particularly sensitive issue? There was alot of anger at the times these rules were brought in but I think most people have come around to the idea and it makes this thread in particular a generally more safer place for those to post?
Reply 988
Original post by Deyesy
If I've interpretted the rules correctly; it's around the issue of not having members of this community and it's staff trained to deal with this particularly sensitive issue? There was alot of anger at the times these rules were brought in but I think most people have come around to the idea and it makes this thread in particular a generally more safer place for those to post?

Fair enough :smile:

But couldn't we just have a link in the sticky or something to a forum where people can go if they feel that way, or PM them a link?

Perhaps this is a bad idea for their own safety..it's debatable. But as someone with social phobia and related issues I'd be apprehensive about calling the Samaritans ... I get that they're trained and accountable though while we don't know whether another forum would be.
have a pile of work i just cant do becuase i knowim going to fail anyway.
Sorry to be reading all this negative stuff today. :frown: Hope everyone's ok (especially James, Tasha and Sockle). :grouphugs:

Still not feeling great myself, really poor timing since I've got my friend staying who I haven't seen in years... Not really sure what happened and why last night, or if it's something that'll happen again in the future. :frown:
Original post by nohomo
Fair enough :smile:

But couldn't we just have a link in the sticky or something to a forum where people can go if they feel that way, or PM them a link?

Perhaps this is a bad idea for their own safety..it's debatable. But as someone with social phobia and related issues I'd be apprehensive about calling the Samaritans ... I get that they're trained and accountable though while we don't know whether another forum would be.

But if TSR refers users and something goes wrong they could held completely accountable? Just playing devils advocaat :redface:
Original post by superwolf
Still not feeling great myself, really poor timing since I've got my friend staying who I haven't seen in years... Not really sure what happened and why last night, or if it's something that'll happen again in the future. :frown:

Was it the first time in a while that you've been in a place with flashy lights/darkness/loud music or something? I can't go to places like that at all because I feel like nothing is real and like I'm not really there and it's really horrible to deal with so if what happened to you was like that then I really sympathise cos it's awful :frown: Hope you'll feel okay again soon and can enjoy the time with your friend, it might just of been one of these things that happens rather than something that will happen again :smile: Maybe a good day to just relax and play with your mice (iirc you have mice? :tongue:) as something safe and calm to do?

---------
Haven't posted here in a while but have mostly been keeping up with the thread :smile: Hope everyone's doing okay in general, especially after this morning! You're all lovely people who want the best for others and this maybe manifests itself in different ways sometimes? Anyway, hope all is okay now :smile:
:hugs: to all

im not going to say you could kiss and make up because i don't think that helps everybody but i do think you guys are going to have to come to some kind of arrangement to at least tolerate each other without sending either passive aggressive and down right aggressive messages to each other either on here or on Skype, because i know that all of us rely on this place for support and nobody should be denied access to it because people have different personalities, and several people here don't cope well with confrontation whether to them or just witnessing it so it all in all is just not a pleasant environment to be in.

in my opinion, Tasha was completely reasonable in her original request to the anon, and perhaps a little bit curt in her other response. James having read your replies i think you should apologise to her because i do think you were rude and now we're dealing with the repercussions of what you have said to her. Sockie you did have a valid point to raise and nobody is saying that your opinions don't count, so i think you jumped the gun a little bit there.
Reply 994
Original post by Deyesy
But if TSR refers users and something goes wrong they could held completely accountable? Just playing devils advocaat :redface:

I can see your point. I should forget the idea. I partly thought it was a bad idea but wanted to be sure one way or the other. Now I can see it was a bad idea.

I guess people will have to continue using Google :tongue:
Back from very busy few days! Exhausted mentally and physicaly though!

Sorry to to read some heated posts in here, im sure nobody wants to upset or offend anyone though, I think its fine to ask people to edit or spoiler potentially triggering things though, we all just want this to be a safe friendly place!
Original post by Team_McDreamy

im not going to say you could kiss and make up because i don't think that helps everybody but i do think you guys are going to have to come to some kind of arrangement to at least tolerate each other without sending either passive aggressive and down right aggressive messages to each other either on here or on Skype, because i know that all of us rely on this place for support and nobody should be denied access to it because people have different personalities, and several people here don't cope well with confrontation whether to them or just witnessing it so it all in all is just not a pleasant environment to be in.

in my opinion, Tasha was completely reasonable in her original request to the anon, and perhaps a little bit curt in her other response. James having read your replies i think you should apologise to her because i do think you were rude and now we're dealing with the repercussions of what you have said to her. Sockie you did have a valid point to raise and nobody is saying that your opinions don't count, so i think you jumped the gun a little bit there.

Well I was being made to feel like an awful person over skype for trying to raise a point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I was being made to feel like an awful person over skype for trying to raise a point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your point was valid in my eyes :hugs: you were even courteous in the way you said it. Please stay safe :frown:

////////////

Anyway i'm sorry to others who were upset by my posts, i'm going to take a break from this thread as i no longer feel safe here and there are clearly personalities that don't get on with me or want me to participate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hun i really don't think that was what she was trying to do, she's just in a state - we all acknowledge each others opinions and as I've said before i do think you had a point to make which i partially agree with. you are most definitely not an awful person.
Original post by Team_McDreamy

I've already apologised for any harm I may have caused, spoilered my posts and have quoted Odd socks in trying to support her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to clarify - I had nothing to do with this and I've never spoken to anyone on MHSS via Skype. I don't know what the point you were trying to raise over it was.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest