What games are you looking forward to and why?

Watch
_Dreamville_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
For me:

No Man's Sky - Just looks epic
Assassin's Creed Unity - Never been a fan of the series but this game looks AMAZING. French revolution ftw
Far Cry 4 - It's a Far Cry game, don't need to say much more.
Metal Gear Solid V - Looks like so much fun from what I've seen!
Dying Light - Dead Rising done properly.
Silent Hill(s)? - Loved Silent Hill games for as long as I can remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No Mans Sky - Very ambitious, would love it to come off
Project CARS - The best graphics and physics of any racing game I've ever seen, you just know it'll be good
Silent Hills - Survival horror makes a return, love the genre
MGS 5 - Another you just know will be brilliant
Batman Arkham Knight - Best adventure games out there, looks amazing, amazing story and will make up for the disappointing Origins
Uncharted 4 - Probably the last one in the series and you just know it's going to excel particularly in the story department
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by somemightsay888)
No Mans Sky - Very ambitious, would love it to come off
Project CARS - The best graphics and physics of any racing game I've ever seen, you just know it'll be good
Silent Hills - Survival horror makes a return, love the genre
MGS 5 - Another you just know will be brilliant
Batman Arkham Knight - Best adventure games out there, looks amazing, amazing story and will make up for the disappointing Origins
Uncharted 4 - Probably the last one in the series and you just know it's going to excel particularly in the story department
I thought Project Cars was a mixture between Sim and Arcade?
I can't believe I forgot Uncharted 4! Loved the first 3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
For me:

No Man's Sky - Just looks epic
Far Cry 4 - It's a Far Cry game, don't need to say much more.
Metal Gear Solid V - Looks like so much fun from what I've seen!
Dying Light - Dead Rising done properly.
These! :yep: Good taste guys! :yep:

Definitely most excited about Project CARS. :sogood:
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
These! :yep: Good taste guys! :yep:

Definitely most excited about Project CARS. :sogood:
I can't wait for Cars, I jizzed my pants when I saw the Beta builds gameplays on YouTube. I've never seen a game so accurately capture its hype, it's just a shame it got massively delayed because it would have to compete with CoD and GTA
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
I thought Project Cars was a mixture between Sim and Arcade?
I can't believe I forgot Uncharted 4! Loved the first 3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought that too but Cars looks to be a straight up Sim, based on the NFS Shift Physics engine but heavily modified with a focus on realism. It looks to be everything Driveclub should have been
TheNoobishKnight
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sunset overdrive, pretty different and looks epic. Mainly it looks fun. Too much games get too realistic but this just looks flat out fun
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
I can't wait for Cars, I jizzed my pants when I saw the Beta builds gameplays on YouTube. I've never seen a game so accurately capture its hype, it's just a shame it got massively delayed because it would have to compete with CoD and GTA
Do you have a link for this?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
SnoochToTheBooch
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I bought a PS2 solely to play metal gear, I bought a PS3 solely to play metal gear... I'll buy a ps4, eventually, solely to play metal gear.
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah man, same! It looks absolutely incredible. I has Forza for XBOne and it's just not the game I wanted it to be. PCARS captures the essence of motorsport in a way I've not seen before.

I'm not too fussed for a delay - gives me time to save up for a wheel! :yep:
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Here's the latest build posted 3 days ago, usually they update twice a week so you can see the games progress. All 800 plus build gameplays are on YT so you can follow the progress of the game!
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah man, same! It looks absolutely incredible. I has Forza for XBOne and it's just not the game I wanted it to be. PCARS captures the essence of motorsport in a way I've not seen before.

I'm not too fussed for a delay - gives me time to save up for a wheel! :yep:
Ah man, couldn't have put it better myself! By the way, I only got my PS4 3 days ago, I was going to get the X1 solely for Forza but decided against it. What's bad about Forza, seems I made a good decision?
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Sims 4 for Mac.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Project Tsukyomi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
COD advanced warfare not played cod in ages but I feel that they've made an improvement on this one. Dying light looks awesome. crackdown and halo OH MY DAYS its a shame I don't have Xbox one. Plus Pokémon omega and ruby cuz strategy are awesome.
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Edminzodo)
The Sims 4 for Mac.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Project Tsukyomi)
COD advanced warfare not played cod in ages but I feel that they've made an improvement on this one. Dying light looks awesome. crackdown and halo OH MY DAYS its a shame I don't have Xbox one. Plus Pokémon omega and ruby cuz strategy are awesome.
What's impressed you about CoD?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah man, couldn't have put it better myself! By the way, I only got my PS4 3 days ago, I was going to get the X1 solely for Forza but decided against it. What's bad about Forza, seems I made a good decision?
Nice! I hope you're enjoying it. I'm on PC these days - sold the 360 and XBOne to part fund it!

The Forza franchise is absolutely excellent at doing what it aims to do. The graphics have always been excellent and runs flawlessly at 60fps. The handling model has progressed wonderfully over the years to what we have now on Forza 5. In conjunction with the XBOne pad (which is by far the best racing-game pad made due to the magnet-enabled vibration in the triggers), it's a very entertaining game to play.

However, Forza is not a motor sport game. It never has been.

There are no practice sessions, no qualifying sessions and no pit stops. The AI (drivatars) is awful tbh. The lead cars may be quick, but it's a cluster**** getting past the back of the pack. The career mode feels disjointed too, with races seemingly taking part at random.

I want strategy, I want races with > 5 laps. I want the tension of qualifying and trying to put a hot lap together. I want a game that is based around championships, that gives me rivals over a large number of races. Forza cannot provide me with this. PCARS and Assetto Corsa look like they can.
goobypls
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This game

_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
Nice! I hope you're enjoying it. I'm on PC these days - sold the 360 and XBOne to part fund it!

The Forza franchise is absolutely excellent at doing what it aims to do. The graphics have always been excellent and runs flawlessly at 60fps. The handling model has progressed wonderfully over the years to what we have now on Forza 5. In conjunction with the XBOne pad (which is by far the best racing-game pad made due to the magnet-enabled vibration in the triggers), it's a very entertaining game to play.

However, Forza is not a motor sport game. It never has been.

There are no practice sessions, no qualifying sessions and no pit stops. The AI (drivatars) is awful tbh. The lead cars may be quick, but it's a cluster**** getting past the back of the pack. The career mode feels disjointed too, with races seemingly taking part at random.

I want strategy, I want races with > 5 laps. I want the tension of qualifying and trying to put a hot lap together. I want a game that is based around championships, that gives me rivals over a large number of races. Forza cannot provide me with this. PCARS and Assetto Corsa look like they can.
Do you play the F1 series by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
Do you play the F1 series by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to. I haven't played them since the hotlap competition here died about half way through the season. Shame really, that was fun.

I'm kinda burned out with the F1 games though. With 2014 offering nothing more than some DLC to 2013 and it having a short life span (around 6 months), I'm really not inclined to buy in to it. I'm hoping that the next gen version throws some extra life in to the series... but I'm not entirely convinced it will. We'll see!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.69%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
15.98%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.2%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
26.63%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (32)
18.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed