The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I did Carbohydrates essay...
what did you guys write about the carbohydrate essay ??
Reply 2
me too....carbonhydrates...

I managed to write only 2 pages, and in those 2 pages it contains stuff about it being an energy source after being through the respiration process (Krebs cycle), and how what does that enegy source functions are and then about antigens, then about how its is used in growth - remember DNA nucletides contain ribose and that is a carbonhydrates, then about plants and cellouse, then about how nectar is made of sucrose which is dissacharide, and its functions in the reproduction of plants.

Thats just about it. Can't think of anything else. I think I failed it. Only 2 pages!

Anyway what everyone thinks about the first 2 sections. The first section alright but the 2nd one a bit nasty
Reply 3
Also Immunology for Cell Recognition.....you got a decent number of points...should pull of 15+ Marks atleast which is pretty good.

Did you go into Details of Respiation ? Glycolysis, link, krebs etc ?
Reply 4
I only just mentioned the 4 stages of respiration, it may be enough...who knows..

The first two sections...the hippo one was OK but the antibotics one was a bit cruel and horrid.
Reply 5
I put Digestion (breakdown of CHO) respiration and photosynthesis....but these are irrelevant :frown:
Doesnt answer the question...so screwed dat essay up.....
Reply 6
I did carbs too. Over two pages... Lots to write on the structure and function. :smile: Module 1, 5 and 6.

Ani.
Reply 7
Hi i did carbohydrates one too - if i tell u what i wrote can u please tlel me if it was ok and what mark u htikn i oculd get?

I wrote about:

Structure (alpha and beta glucose), structure of starch (spiral compact) and celliulose( Loong straight chains)
I mentioned glucose regulation in body, sucrose movement in plants (translocation), cellulose as a structural carb in plant walls, glycosidic linking, hydrogen bonding in celullose chains, respiration substrate for oxidation, made in photosynthesis, (bub didnt go into detail of cycles :frown: )starch being insoluble and long term storage compund for sugars, digestion and how it is broken down by amylase then maltase into glucose.

What do you think people?
Reply 8
I did the synoptic module 8 today, but did the cycles question. Talked about Carbon & Nitrogen cycles (doh! Forgot the water cycle-- how obvious is that?) then energy recycling in different forms etc. Linked in photosynthesis- Calvin Cycle and cyclic phosphorylation- and respiration- Krebs. Put about life cycles and the butterfly as an example linked in with the cell cycle, but again forgot menstrual cycles and oestrus!

I thought the paper wasn't too bad, both Q1 & 2 were OK. The papers on Monday- I did 5 & 6- were awful. Esp. 6, I missed out 15 marks worth of questions because I spent too long on the loop of Henle question and ran out of time- I was so gutted because I know all the adptations of Xerophytic plants, the last question, 6 marks down the drain!
Reply 9
I don't know...

You may did very well in the structure part of it....but the function part of it - i'm not so sure....but if you look at the last post, the other guy did well in the function part of it.

Anyway, you'll get at least 15..

It s all over

Good luck
Reply 10
Originally posted by Unregistered
I don't know...

You may did very well in the structure part of it....but the function part of it - i'm not so sure....but if you look at the last post, the other guy did well in the function part of it.

Anyway, you'll get at least 15..

It s all over

Good luck

Who was that meant for? the post above or the one above that?
Reply 11
i did the cycles 2 but completley forgot about the oestrus ting i did most of the other stuff u did so thats cool i mean it does draw on other areas of the spec and its only 3 marks for breth of knowledge its the bio they are worried about not the breth so much so its all good :smile: :smile:

Reply 12
Originally posted by barbiegrl
i did the cycles 2 but completley forgot about the oestrus ting i did most of the other stuff u did so thats cool i mean it does draw on other areas of the spec and its only 3 marks for breth of knowledge its the bio they are worried about not the breth so much so its all good :smile: :smile:

sorry to sound dumb but what do you mean by breadth of knowldge? is this how many different topics you bring in? what is the most marks for?
Reply 13
3 are for breath i dunno how 2 spell it yeah its like all the areas of the specification that you draw your knowledge from
then 3 for like written form three for depth and 15 for the biology in it i think thats what it is
Reply 14
Well wasnt that a fun exam. I did the carbs essay and completely forgot to menition the 3 words monosaccharide, di..... poly.....! WHOOPS! well i only need like 33% for an A so im not too woried. Did anyone think the hippo questoin was pretty darn stupid?
Reply 15
What did people think of the 2nd question?

I think it was just a silly question. The enzyme? The antibiotic with DNA???????
Reply 16
HEY I DID THE CYCLES ESSAY!!! I DID ABOUT THE CARDIAC CYCLE, THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE, AND THE CARBON AND NITROGEN CYCLES!!!!!!!!!!!!DIDN'T LYK THE FROG QUESTION - IT WAS STUPID!!
Reply 17
Seems really unfair to have had two papers that were pretty hard. Thought the hippo question was pretty dumb. Didn't seem to have that much to do with anything i'd learnt. With the second bit i found some questions hard and some easyish. Feel quite lucky cause i wrote a practice essay on carbs and it came up so think that went okay. Good to know everyone found it hard cause they'll probably lower the grade boundries
Reply 18
I DID #KREBS; KALVIN; ORNITHINE; NITROGE; CARBON; OESTROUS (THATS 6 CYCLES). BRINGS IN INFO. FRM DIFF. MODULES SO IT SHUD B OK. I DNT THINK WATER IS REALLY A CYC LE (TRANSPIRATION 'STREAM') ALTHO I THINK I MAY HAVE MISSED ONE, IN THE CARDIAC CYCLE. IS THAT MODULE ONE STUFF???? WWHAT DID PPL WRITE AS THEIR 2 FORMULA'S I DID =I-F FOR THE FIRST FORMULA AND =I-F-U FOR THE SECOND ONE. WHAT WERE PPL'S 2 HYPOTHESIS TOO FOR THAT VIRUS ANTIBODIES THING?????
Reply 19
Cycles essay was so much more easier then the carbohydrates one!! Bring in the Cell cycle, circulation of the heart, metamorphis cycle, nurtrient cycle (carbon nitrogen), Kreb cycle( i was gettin desperate!) menstrual cycle all good stuff tbh!

For the hypthosis i put something about the immune system diminishing with age, and something else which probably contradicted it knowing me!

Latest

Trending

Trending