The Student Room Group

Getting a girlfriend when you aren't allowed out past Sunset (16yo)?

--
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you even allowed a GF?
Reply 2
Original post by Inazuma

No, that doesn't mean I don't want one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Muslim or not, 16 is too young for most relationships, I'd guess only 10% of relationships formed at that age last till marriage + first baby
I was you but I'm a girl. Just make sure whoever you date understands your situation and when you have to be home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inazuma

yes he is just not allowed to talk, touch, smell, or look at her (with the exception of her covering her whole body, then he may look)
Reply 6
Original post by Knee Grow
I have super strict conservative Muslim parents who don't let me out on evenings and I do speak to a few girls but I can never really escalate since I'm basically not allowed a social life and I have to come up with excuses whenever I'm invited to parties. I get amazing grades at school and I've tried everything to let them let me out later but it's futile. Does anybody have any advice for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would they react if you simply stopped listening to them? It isn't acceptable for parents to put rules like that on a 16 year old anymore, unless there is a good reason. You sound like you're a good boy anyways, so I don't see the issue.

Just tell your parents "sorry I'm meeting a friend" and leave the house.
Have you thought about just going out one time and returning quite late and then saying "look, I'm okay, nothing happened to me, I'm perfectly safe and no harm was done". Maybe that would gain you some more leeway?

What grades did you get btw :P
Lol, my life when I was 15/16 :wink:

I'd look for someone who is also Muslim (or a rather lax one as religious Muslims probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship) because they'll be more understanding about the protective parents issues. Or generally anyone who is understanding :tongue:
Just forget it
No, that doesn't mean I don't want one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude if you want one go get one.
**** the stuff i was doing at 16 :K::K:
Original post by shawn_o1
Muslim or not, 16 is too young for most relationships, I'd guess only 10% of relationships formed at that age last till marriage + first baby

He's sixteen, he's not thinking about marriage and babies, he just wants to get some :wink:

what a dumb thing to say... So the only reason to have a relationship is so you can have babies?
^ you haven't read it properly. I said, if you're getting a relationship at 16, don't expect it to last long. If it does then lucky you.
^ you haven't read it properly. I said, if you're getting a relationship at 16, don't expect it to last long. If it does then lucky you.

But still ... so what? A delicious meal won't least long either, but you can get what you want from it in the time it lasts.
Reply 15
Original post by WinterApproaches
Have you thought about just going out one time and returning quite late and then saying "look, I'm okay, nothing happened to me, I'm perfectly safe and no harm was done". Maybe that would gain you some more leeway?

What grades did you get btw :P

Haha, sorry but I don't think that would work, I think I'd be grounded for the rest of my life.

I got 8A*s and 4As at GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16

I don't want children

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its a tricky one- their house their rules I understand where they are coming from but still sundown is a harsh time to be in.

Could you get a job in the evening (maybe a supermarket) where there are girls to meet and then introduce the old 'oh I have a shift at work' excuse to get out and about. Sounds like a couple more years of head down and getting the grades and then at 18 get yourself off to uni/or your own place :-)

I wouldnt worry to much bout getting a GF at this point you have a whole lifetime to enjoy the girls!!
Reply 18
Original post by Mimsycrafts
Its a tricky one- their house their rules I understand where they are coming from but still sundown is a harsh time to be in.

Could you get a job in the evening (maybe a supermarket) where there are girls to meet and then introduce the old 'oh I have a shift at work' excuse to get out and about. Sounds like a couple more years of head down and getting the grades and then at 18 get yourself off to uni/or your own place :-)

I wouldnt worry to much bout getting a GF at this point you have a whole lifetime to enjoy the girls!!

Hmm yeah, this is probably the best suggestion I've had. How do I go about getting a job in a supermarket though? Do I just hand in CVs or what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm yeah, this is probably the best suggestion I've had. How do I go about getting a job in a supermarket though? Do I just hand in CVs or what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

search all local supermarket website ie just type tesco jobs and links will come up to apply for jobs. Good luck

Quick Reply