The Student Room Group

Terrified

I've sent off my application but I'm terrified about not getting any offers. The course I want to do is Law, and I've applied to:
QMUL (a*aa)
Leeds (aaa)
Exeter (aab)
Liverpool (abb)
Edinburgh (bbb)

I'm predicted: a*aa

And I'm doing:
Maths
English Lang
Chemistry

I'm really worried that I'm not going to get any offers, my form got sent off yesterday. Am I being unreasonable?
Original post by MoHoosen9167
I've sent off my application but I'm terrified about not getting any offers. The course I want to do is Law, and I've applied to:
QMUL (a*aa)
Leeds (aaa)
Exeter (aab)
Liverpool (abb)
Edinburgh (bbb)

And I'm doing:
Maths
English Lang
Chemistry

I'm really worried that I'm not going to get any offers, my form got sent off yesterday. Am I being unreasonable?

Your fine. You have a good spread of uni
I'm pretty sure that you'll get at least two or three offers (assuming that your personal statement and reference are as good as those predicted grades).

It's completely natural to worry. My form got sent of the day before yesterday and I'm completely terrified, even though all my courses are BBB entry requirements and I'm predicted AAAA. I think it'd be completely mad for anyone to not be worried about this. You're not being unreasonable. Just human.:3
Don't worry, you will get the offers OP..
Original post by crozibear96
I'm pretty sure that you'll get at least two or three offers (assuming that your personal statement and reference are as good as those predicted grades).

It's completely natural to worry. My form got sent of the day before yesterday and I'm completely terrified, even though all my courses are BBB entry requirements and I'm predicted AAAA. I think it'd be completely mad for anyone to not be worried about this. You're not being unreasonable. Just human.:3

I have absolutely no idea about how good my PS is because of the amount of edits I made - and I really just want all my options open in terms of offers, because I definitely think that I can achieve a*aa because I was predicted a*a*a* but I asked my teachers to move down the two other ones because I didn't want the pressure etc. Like I'm certain I can get an a* in Maths, but I'm definitely not certain in Chemistry ~ assuming (without resits) everyone gets a grade higher in A2, I'll get an a in English. And also, with resitting Chemistry unit 2, I should be able to get an a (even if it's a low one).
QMUL (a*aa)
Leeds (aaa)
Exeter (aab)
Liverpool (abb)
Edinburgh (bbb)

And I'm doing:
Maths
English Lang
Chemistry

Why are you worried? You're obviously intelligent and have the capabilities. You can only wait and see :smile:
Original post by Emily.97
Why are you worried? You're obviously intelligent and have the capabilities. You can only wait and see :smile:

Thanks, but I've heard that Edinburgh are quite 'rejecty' and I'm worried that I've got a firm that's too high... 😭 it's terrifying!
Thanks, but I've heard that Edinburgh are quite 'rejecty' and I'm worried that I've got a firm that's too high... ������ it's terrifying!

Just think.. it's highly unlikely that you will get rejections from all 5, and even if you did get rejected from Edinburgh, your second choice can still provide you with a great experience, considering you get an offer :smile:
Original post by Emily.97
Just think.. it's highly unlikely that you will get rejections from all 5, and even if you did get rejected from Edinburgh, your second choice can still provide you with a great experience, considering you get an offer :smile:

Like, I'm very happy with all of my choices because they're all ones that I liked as soon as I saw them. I just feel like I'm going to get rejected from all of my choices 😞
Like, I'm very happy with all of my choices because they're all ones that I liked as soon as I saw them. I just feel like I'm going to get rejected from all of my choices ������

I doubt you have much reason to think that. You've clearly got potential, so you can only wait and see! Try and think logically and positively.
QMUL (a*aa)
Leeds (aaa)
Exeter (aab)
Liverpool (abb)
Edinburgh (bbb)

And I'm doing:
Maths
English Lang
Chemistry

No problems with your predicted grades based on what the entry requirements are. I think you'll get a few offers. Getting offers from 4 or all 5 of them is possible as well, depending on how strong your personal statement is.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest