High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Currently finishing off genetics with one teacher, and in the beginning of respiration with another. But I've surpassed them already and have started reading ahead. Where are you all at?
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Almost got all of F214 done (OCR), just got to get Photosynthesis out of the way :bored:.

I'm really excited to start all the cellular control and genetics stuff after half term!
isher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by loperdoper)
Almost got all of F214 done (OCR), just got to get Photosynthesis out of the way :bored:.

I'm really excited to start all the cellular control and genetics stuff after half term!
How have u already managed to go through the whole of F214 content. Are u using CGP or official textbook. I am using the official textbook. but gonna scrap that and move onto CGP as i see thats whats relevant to the exam. Could u tell me how u structuring your revision. I really want to finish everything by end of nov so i can move onto F215 (THE LARGER UNIT!)

Cheers buddy
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by isher)
How have u already managed to go through the whole of F214 content. Are u using CGP or official textbook. I am using the official textbook. but gonna scrap that and move onto CGP as i see thats whats relevant to the exam. Could u tell me how u structuring your revision. I really want to finish everything by end of nov so i can move onto F215 (THE LARGER UNIT!)

Cheers buddy
My school started teaching it in the final term of Year 12, so most of Excretion and Homeostasis was assumed at the start of Year 13.

I use the official textbook and occasionally the CGP Student Book, the revision guide is ****.

And I haven't done any revision yet, far too lazy. I'm only doing the homework I'm set in school.
High Stakes
Rep:
?
(Original post by loperdoper)
My school started teaching it in the final term of Year 12, so most of Excretion and Homeostasis was assumed at the start of Year 13.

I use the official textbook and occasionally the CGP Student Book, the revision guide is ****.

And I haven't done any revision yet, far too lazy. I'm only doing the homework I'm set in school.
Aha not bad. I've already finished respiration. I think the last module looks interesting though.
isher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by High Stakes)
Aha not bad. I've already finished respiration. I think the last module looks interesting though.
Hi there,

Could u please specify the structure of study. How have u covered entire content in short space. Do u use CGP or Spec points. I did spec points which gained me high marksat AS. Would want 2 develop and know your study structure and the way u go about learning the content.

Cheers fella
High Stakes
Rep:
?
(Original post by isher)
Hi there,

Could u please specify the structure of study. How have u covered entire content in short space. Do u use CGP or Spec points. I did spec points which gained me high marksat AS. Would want 2 develop and know your study structure and the way u go about learning the content.

Cheers fella
Simple. Right before the summer holiday, our teachers taught us the first module which was excretion. During the summer holiday I covered this alongside another module, being communication & homoeostasis. The first week of school I bought a really fantastic book (CGP is trash in my opinion but to each their own) - Which had all the necessary knowledge in it without the excessive crap. I read through it and familiarised myself with the concepts that I would tackle in class. For example, I went through the process of glycolysis and the kreps cycle, when we're supposed to be doing it next week after this half term. I make sure to stay at least one topic ahead at all times, and to always go over what I've learned in class on the same day. Right now, I've overtaken them by quite a bit and am doing Module 2 & 3 in unit 2 - Clones are so fascinating!
indigobluesss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I took OCR A-level biology last year. Let me add that was the longest and most strenuous A-level ever >.>

Good luck though guys, you can use http://a2biology101.wordpress.com/downloads/ to facilitate your learning, and then test your knowledge using old (specimen) past papers from www.xtremepapers.com

:3
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Simple. Right before the summer holiday, our teachers taught us the first module which was excretion. During the summer holiday I covered this alongside another module, being communication & homoeostasis. The first week of school I bought a really fantastic book (CGP is trash in my opinion but to each their own) - Which had all the necessary knowledge in it without the excessive crap. I read through it and familiarised myself with the concepts that I would tackle in class. For example, I went through the process of glycolysis and the kreps cycle, when we're supposed to be doing it next week after this half term. I make sure to stay at least one topic ahead at all times, and to always go over what I've learned in class on the same day. Right now, I've overtaken them by quite a bit and am doing Module 2 & 3 in unit 2 - Clones are so fascinating!
You're too kind.
joolsm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Simple. The first week of school I bought a really fantastic book (CGP is trash in my opinion but to each their own) - Which had all the necessary knowledge in it without the excessive crap.
What was this really fantastic book?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.06%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.59%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.88%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise