The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ushie
could the experiment be on the effect of temperature on rate of respiration of yeast? :confused:
could the drawing be on meiosis in embryo sacs e.g. embryo of shepherds purse :confused:

it can be but isn't the prac. supposed to linked with the plan...

drawing can be on anything... i not sure either wat to revise 4 the microscope ques..... :confused:
Are teacher said to revise respiration for prac and we did a mock about rate of respiration in yeast with dif substrates lactose, fructose etc. For the second part we did staining sections of embryos form seeds with different stains e.g iodine for starch etc and then we had to draw a picture of the embryo and say why the stain had turned a particular colour in a particular part of the embryo

Does this sound like nething ne1 else has done?????
Reply 22
does ne1 know wat was on the last years A2 bio prac...
Reply 23
fluffysheep2000
Are teacher said to revise respiration for prac and we did a mock about rate of respiration in yeast with dif substrates lactose, fructose etc. For the second part we did staining sections of embryos form seeds with different stains e.g iodine for starch etc and then we had to draw a picture of the embryo and say why the stain had turned a particular colour in a particular part of the embryo

Does this sound like nething ne1 else has done?????

i dont think itll be on photosynthesis or yeast so only possible one is something to do with respiration of germi. seeds :smile:
Reply 24
becky18
i dont think itll be on photosynthesis or yeast so only possible one is something to do with respiration of germi. seeds :smile:

I disagree, I think it will be on photosynthesis and respiration but not germination of seeds.
Reply 25
The practical doesn't have to be based on the plan in any way shape or form. It can be and it usually is, but it doesn't have to be.
Reply 26
~Revol~
I disagree, I think it will be on photosynthesis and respiration but not germination of seeds.

ya.. i was told by my teacher to revise photosynthesis and repiration..

and by the way respiration expts. include experiments on germinating seeds.
Reply 27
if the experiment is on the effect of substrate on yeast e.g. glucose lactose sucrose...is it possible to make reference to the lac operon regarding lactose
Reply 28
The drawing practical is so easy, theres no need to worry about it i did it a couple of weeks ago. The drawings dont even get sent of too the exam board the teachers mark them and its out of 3 i think well thats AQA. You have too draw a cell under a microscope showing where the different types of cells are eg. phloem/ xylem etc.

good luck!
Reply 29
Dave01
The drawing practical is so easy, theres no need to worry about it i did it a couple of weeks ago. The drawings dont even get sent of too the exam board the teachers mark them and its out of 3 i think well thats AQA. You have too draw a cell under a microscope showing where the different types of cells are eg. phloem/ xylem etc.

good luck!

Thanks for the advice, but this refers to OCR and the drawings are marked externally. :rolleyes: Just our luck!
Reply 30
ushie
if the experiment is on the effect of substrate on yeast e.g. glucose lactose sucrose...is it possible to make reference to the lac operon regarding lactose

No because yeast belongs to the kingdom Fungi whereas prokaryotes/bacteria use operons.
Reply 31
becky18
does ne1 know wat was on the last years A2 bio prac...

hey, ive got that paper from last yrs. it was: You are to investiage the effect of temp on the rate of resp of yeast in the yeast/glucose mixture which uve been supplied

the questions on it were:
describe method,
describe how yo attempted to product valid and reliable results,
record results in a table,
describe and expain results,
state five sources of error in the investigation you could not elimintate and describe how you could modify and extend including using different apparatus.

sposdly, 2yrs ago it was the same as this as well, and our teacxhers been making us do yeast experiments only.

holly.
Our lecture made us do the 2002 A2 prac as our mock saying it would be very useful and our technician said OCR must be running out of things to set the prac exam on.
Reply 33
fluffysheep2000
Our lecture made us do the 2002 A2 prac as our mock saying it would be very useful and our technician said OCR must be running out of things to set the prac exam on.

thanx

by ne chance cud u put qus / answers for sum of the main qus? thanx again
Reply 34
fluffysheep2000

Cool, that sounds good, what exactly did u do for the mock in detail?
Reply 35
we did our mock on respiration of different substrates in yeast and have been told to make sure we know all that woz included in that! we then made a pollen slide and had to draw that. i think we have to make our own slides from wot have been told!don't know if that is any help!? :smile:
Reply 36
what would the pollen slide look like...does it show a stage of mitosis or meiosis?
Reply 37
prac. exam on tuesday... it just freaks me out knowing that i didn't do well on the tests...

i hate pract exams...
any ideas wat might comeup on the microscope quest :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending