gemmaa99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I've been given the topic of "order and/or disorder" and I'm really lost for ideas:/ I want my main focus to be around henna because I love detailed drawing! But I've no idea where to go with henna and link it to order and disorder:/ has anyone got any ideas? Or any ideas for order and disorder that aren't linked to henna?
tryrevise
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did this topic for my art and I really enjoyed it! If you enjoy henna, you could focus on the idea of pattern with comparing and contrasting ordered and disordered patterns
Some other ideas you could look at apart from patterns are:
Still life - ordered arrangements of objects and messy, chaotic arrangements of objects in disorder
Portraits - things like mental disorder, aging, beauty etc

Pinterest is really useful for Art. I'd recommend having a look on there, there are loads of boards on order and disorder, patterns, henna etc if you need some inspiration

Posted from TSR Mobile
mathscot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tryrevise)
I did this topic for my art and I really enjoyed it! If you enjoy henna, you could focus on the idea of pattern with comparing and contrasting ordered and disordered patterns
Some other ideas you could look at apart from patterns are:
Still life - ordered arrangements of objects and messy, chaotic arrangements of objects in disorder
Portraits - things like mental disorder, aging, beauty etc

Pinterest is really useful for Art. I'd recommend having a look on there, there are loads of boards on order and disorder, patterns, henna etc if you need some inspiration

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also did this topic for last year my recommendation is looking at patterns in natural objects for example shells and pinecones act it might give you an idea for shapes do as much working around as possible I knew near the beginning what kind of thing I wanted to do but I did lots of different things first and then pulled them all into one drawring dried mushrooms etc gives really interesting textures. You can always involve the patterns colours of hena and maybe have a go or design some patterns you can stick designs pictures in your book (uses up space and shows your thinking about it) there is nothing wrong with writing all your ideas down in your book discoveries a lot of my book was sketches and writing /design (I did an installation for my mock on anther theme. Order and disorder was my final piece)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sloe&AppleJelly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by gemmaa99)
So I've been given the topic of "order and/or disorder" and I'm really lost for ideas:/ I want my main focus to be around henna because I love detailed drawing! But I've no idea where to go with henna and link it to order and disorder:/ has anyone got any ideas? Or any ideas for order and disorder that aren't linked to henna?
You could link it back to how henna is used as decoration on the bride's skin in marriage ceremonies and how that is a form of order in society.

You could also generally look at crazy and ordered patterns. This is my friend's pinterest account full of patterny type stuff that she's looking at and it could give you some ideas! http://www.pinterest.com/pipnsmudge/art/

I'd generally start with artist research. I adore pinterest for research! Lots of people have made posts on there for art relating to order and disorder so give it a look.

Brainstorm all the types of order and disorder you can think of! E.g. in society (violent vs peaceful protests, rebellion, the media), libraries and music shops are the kinds of places full of order, music can be orderly or all over the place. You could explore how different people keep book shelves- some like order, some have books all over the place. You could also just explore writing in general some authors write in a 'stream of consciousness' form which is all over the place rather than following the exact story. You could explore man made vs nature and how humans adore order in things, and get it's very unnatural. You could also have it that your project has a message about the fact that we don't always need order. For example, some would say it's not 'the natural order' to be gay.

Once you've brainstormed all the types of order, start to think about how to represent each thing - that's when the henna can come back in! (e.g. henna links with marriage which links with order in society)

I could come up with more ideas, but this post is crazy long already! Haha! I hope you find an idea you love
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads