The Student Room Group

One mistake... thousands of spam emails!!!

I signed up to Alibaba a month or so back, thinking it would be a legit website and not sell my emails to spammers but it appears I am wrong. It could be something else but I had read someone else received spam after signing up so I can only assume it's them.

I'm getting about 25 spam emails a day... all go into my Gmail spam box but occasionally I get proper emails end up in the spam box. So I liked to keep it clear.

All of the spam emails are from different email addresses and a whois lookup on the domain shows they are all registered with different companies.

Anyone know if I can stop this without having to make a new email? As it's coming from different domains I can't just block it. OK, so they go to my spam box but I would rather not get them at all!

Any ideas?
Original post by Runninground
I signed up to Alibaba a month or so back, thinking it would be a legit website and not sell my emails to spammers but it appears I am wrong. It could be something else but I had read someone else received spam after signing up so I can only assume it's them.

I'm getting about 25 spam emails a day... all go into my Gmail spam box but occasionally I get proper emails end up in the spam box. So I liked to keep it clear.

All of the spam emails are from different email addresses and a whois lookup on the domain shows they are all registered with different companies.

Anyone know if I can stop this without having to make a new email? As it's coming from different domains I can't just block it. OK, so they go to my spam box but I would rather not get them at all!

Any ideas?

No way to change the email on the account?
Original post by Iqbal007
No way to change the email on the account?

Could but I assume my email is already circulating the various spam email lists by now!
Original post by Runninground
Could but I assume my email is already circulating the various spam email lists by now!

Try to change it, it seems like the spam are from loads of sellers. So if you change your email, they'll target the new one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending