Want more information about this university?
Andybro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey, i'm hoping to apply to Portsmouth for pharmacy (Mpharm) but i'm a bit confused on its stance on ucas points.
The entry requirements state :"320 points at A level* or equivalent, to include a minimum of 80 points from A level Chemistry and a minimum of 80 points from an A level in a second Science subject ".
What I want to know is do they include your As grades as part of the entry requirements since I have a C in geography which would be worth 40 ucas points, but I cant really tell if they would include that or not.
Does anybody know?
:confused:
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Andybro)
Hey, i'm hoping to apply to Portsmouth for pharmacy (Mpharm) but i'm a bit confused on its stance on ucas points.
The entry requirements state :"320 points at A level* or equivalent, to include a minimum of 80 points from A level Chemistry and a minimum of 80 points from an A level in a second Science subject ".
What I want to know is do they include your As grades as part of the entry requirements since I have a C in geography which would be worth 40 ucas points, but I cant really tell if they would include that or not.
Does anybody know?
:confused:
Everything counts unless otherwise specified so yes, your C in GCSE Geography should count towards the 320 points total (but obviously not the 80 points for Chemistry).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (517)
33.72%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads