Volunteering/work experience for under 16s

Watch
Sanderling
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi

Does anyone know how I can find out about volunteering opportunities/work experience opportunities for under 16s (15 year olds) in either animal rescue, animal management, botany, wildlife, conservation, art, performance, music or fashion (anything, really!!)?

I'd love to meet new people (preferably around my age), get experience, and do interesting/helpful things, but I really can't find anything for under 16s

I'm in the North East of England.

Thanks
orangeee22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have a look on Do-It volunteer. You can select what type of stuff you want to do, e.g. whether it is with animals, people, etc. Lots of the stuff says the minimum age it accepts.
http://www.do-it.org.uk/

Hope it helps,
Orangeee22
Sanderling
Rep:
?
Thank you. I've had a look but there doesn't seem to be anything for under 16s
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sanderling)
Hi

Does anyone know how I can find out about volunteering opportunities/work experience opportunities for under 16s (15 year olds) in either animal rescue, animal management, botany, wildlife, conservation, art, performance, music or fashion (anything, really!!)?

I'd love to meet new people (preferably around my age), get experience, and do interesting/helpful things, but I really can't find anything for under 16s

I'm in the North East of England.

Thanks
You can volunteer with guides/scouts from age 14.
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hiya, I'm 15 and I volunteer @ my local Cat & Rabbit rescue centre which is really fun and rewarding. I would try local rescue centres, animal hospitals(there's one where I live that takes 14 years olds), guilduiding (brownies/rainbows), Cubs, Beavers (and you can get a young leader qualification, charity shops, craft projects for disabled children, local drama groups/dance schools There must be loads more .....
Sanderling
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone, I'll have a look into guides or scouts, I think the best thing to do might be to contact some animal rescue centres directly, I know of a few rescues near where I live. Thanks for the help.

I'll keep checking the Do-it site to see if anything new turns up

Oh, and happy halloween;D
Joanne73
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think its really a big shame that kids vannot be active in the actual helping animals..cleaning stroking them..making their food etc.. my daughter wants to volunteer but at 13 its all blocked..animals need the care n love from children as much as adult care...xo you knkw anywhere in bedfordshire that acceots 13 year olds..if so please do let me know. Thanks
tinashe dongo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i was sharing the same predicament with this guy. i wasn"t able to find one hence i was forced to go to a level. im in Zimbabwe in Africa.
Izzzzzzzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wold they take a 13 year old
Leela Rose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’m looking for the same thing, I’m 15 and live in west hull. If someone could also let me know it would be amazing, I would love volunteering at a animal shelter and caring or even cleaning all the pets
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (50)
30.3%
No (115)
69.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise