Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Serious question

What work and what does not?
Wahrheit
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There are ways but apparently it's hard. Don't know the details. I find it disgraceful that parents are allowed to force their babies to have unnecessary cosmetic surgery like this in the 21st century, how is circumcision for non-medical reasons still legal?
beckaroo7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Wahrheit)
There are ways but apparently it's hard. Don't know the details. I find it disgraceful that parents are allowed to force their babies to have unnecessary cosmetic surgery like this in the 21st century, how is circumcision for non-medical reasons still legal?
Totally agree with this. The other week I read about a man was having an operation on his penis. For some reason during surgery they had to remove the foreskin for it to work. The man didn't consent and there was an uproar. Puts it in perspective a bit :/ I'd never have a child circumcised unless necessary

Though this is probably a troll, there may be options to make it look like you have a foreskin for aesthetics but that's probably it
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
Some parents do it for smegma avoidance.
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Serious question

How much foreskin do you have?

Some parents do it for smegma avoidance.
"Please cut it off, our son won't be able to wash himself..."
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by unprinted)
How much foreskin do you have?

"Please cut it off, our son won't be able to wash himself..."
You'd be surprised!! A lot of teenage boys wash, but don't always wash under the foreskin if they haven't been taught exactly how to do it/are lazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNtZghTQMjw
unprinted
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't say there aren't men who don't do basic hygiene, but to use that as an excuse to pre-emptively remove your son's foreskin is pretty crap.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
I don't say there aren't men who don't do basic hygiene, but to use that as an excuse to pre-emptively remove your son's foreskin is pretty crap.
It can also prevent painful issues with retracting their foreskin/foreskin tightness. My boyfriend had a medical circumcision because of this and it wasn't recognised until he was old enough to remember the trauma.

His friend had one at 25 for the same reason!
Lord Jon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Serious question

Didn't know you could!

Foreskin isn't that special is it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
unprinted
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It can also prevent painful issues with retracting their foreskin/foreskin tightness. My boyfriend had a medical circumcision because of this and it wasn't recognised until he was old enough to remember the trauma.
Do you remember the autobiography of someone in London's East End who was taken to someone who knocked all their teeth out on the grounds that get dentures now would save on dental bills forever? About the same level of reasoning.

Medically needed circumcisions, fine. Making the choice for a small boy 'just in case', not fine.

I'm surprised they didn't have their brains removed in case they got head cancer...
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
Do you remember the autobiography of someone in London's East End who was taken to someone who knocked all their teeth out on the grounds that get dentures now would save on dental bills forever? About the same level of reasoning.

Medically needed circumcisions, fine. Making the choice for a small boy 'just in case', not fine.

I'm surprised they didn't have their brains removed in case they got head cancer...
Never read it! Yeah, I'm not saying that that'd be my exact reasoning, I'm just saying I understand why some parents do it. It seems to be more common in the US anyway. I'm not sure where I'd stand on the matter if I were to have a son, but I defo wouldn't be quick to criticise a parent's choice on it.
unprinted
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
One of the main reasons it's more common in the US is that health insurance companies will pay for it. If they didn't - as the NHS doesn't pay for non-medical ones - the numbers would be smaller.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 years ago
I am sick to death of this hygiene thing which is constantly trotted out to justify physical assault on males who cannot consent to surgery. A lot of people think that uncut males have some kind of great big sock hanging over the end of their willy. The penis varies just as much as any part part of the anatomy. I am uncut and yet even when not erect the foreskin barely covers the ridge of the head of my penis and certainly wouldnt go anywhere near covering it all. When erect,well to the untrained eye it looks just like a cut penis.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
I am sick to death of this hygiene thing which is constantly trotted out to justify physical assault on males who cannot consent to surgery. A lot of people think that uncut males have some kind of great big sock hanging over the end of their willy. The penis varies just as much as any part part of the anatomy. I am uncut and yet even when not erect the foreskin barely covers the ridge of the head of my penis and certainly wouldnt go anywhere near covering it all. When erect,well to the untrained eye it looks just like a cut penis.
Your comment about the sock had me in stitches - made my day!
Roland Day
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The hygiene thing started in the 19th century. They were talking about "moral hygiene", which means that they thought circumcision would prevent masturbation. It has nothing to do with cleanliness or better physical health.
Roland Day
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The hygiene thing started in the 19th century. They were talking about "moral hygiene", which means that they thought circumcision would prevent masturbation. It has nothing to do with cleanliness or better physical health.

As for restoring your foreskin, you may restore it by manual stretching for several years.

http://www.cirp.org/pages/restore.html
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You'd be surprised!! A lot of teenage boys wash, but don't always wash under the foreskin if they haven't been taught exactly how to do it/are lazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNtZghTQMjw
Cutting off your ear lobe to avoid ear wax is not a reasonable thing. Why is it somehow reasonable when it comes to lad's willy?

If anything, we should be more circumspect about putting a knife to a male's penis
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by young_guns)
Cutting off your ear lobe to avoid ear wax is not a reasonable thing. Why is it somehow reasonable when it comes to lad's willy?

If anything, we should be more circumspect about putting a knife to a male's penis
Well that's just a bit silly, ear wax has nothing to do with your earlobes.
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well that's just a bit silly, ear wax has nothing to do with your earlobes.
Waxy substance collects in your ear lobes. Under the smeg argument, you could say that it's easier to cut off your ear lobes as you then will not have to wash them
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by young_guns)
Waxy substance collects in your ear lobes. Under the smeg argument, you could say that it's easier to cut off your ear lobes as you then will not have to wash them
Ear wax actually gathers in the ear canal, pal. Unless you wanna cut your whole ear off and rip the canal out, risking brain injury, it's not quite the same argument.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (212)
43.8%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.44%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
21.28%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (50)
10.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.58%

Watched Threads