Can 'Attractive' and 'Unattractive' people go out together?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
...Without too many issues?

Just wondering
keturah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Of course. Looks are subjective anyway, but someone who has a great personality definitely becomes more attractive over time.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by keturah)
Of course. Looks are subjective anyway, but someone who has a great personality definitely becomes more attractive over time.
Out of interest, do you believe yourself to be attractive?
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Different people find different people attractive. So the question is meaningless.
stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The only thing of concern is how much each other make it an issue - e.g. if jealousy or talking to members of the opposite sex become an issue. Sometimes you don't really mind too much if someone isn't attractive, however if someone is attractive, the rules are a little more tighter.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Depends entirely on the people, it could be a major cause of jealousy and paranoia for some people if they deem their partner to be much more attractive :indiff:
If both are secure within theirselves and their looks, then I don't see why not.
Black Cat
Report 5 years ago
Happens all the time looks aren't everything.
keturah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonynous)
Out of interest, do you believe yourself to be attractive?
No but I don't think I'm ugly, just average.Why
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd rather not disclose my reasonings.
SophiaLDN
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Of course. My bf is fat and I'm thin and some people tell me I can do better than him and I should dump him all just because he is fat. I am hardly a model either but people are quite judging when it comes to weight. How we look has no bearing in the relationship. I fell in love with him when he was thin years ago but I would still have fallen for him if he looked the way he does now back then as we have a connection and that is what matters, not looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
keturah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonynous)
I'd rather not disclose my reasonings.
Why
Rectifydude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You are attractive

Source: My eyes/Genetalia
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looks are inherently subjective (some like bald men, some don't).

My own experience if anything is that your body is far more important than your face, as is personality (specifically confidence). It seems to me that you simply need to be above a certain bar.
TheGreatImposter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah they could go together. The problem is not everyone will agree with this and will judge them by stating there is a thing called 'leagues' which I personally feel is a way to bring people down by thinking looks are everything when personality means so much more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes because different people like different looks, so what you may call unattractive could be attractive to someone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes because to each other, those in the relationship are attractive.

Just cause you don't find one attractive doesn't mean their other half does. It's all subjective.
Papo1489
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
two different kinds of people in this world; looks and personality. the looks are usually girls who see themselves as gorgeous, and the girls who look for personality are usually girls who can see themselves beyond the mirror in front of them. this goes for guys as well
news2me
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I believe so. I have met attractive guys before and after a few conversations they became less attractive and visa versa, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Not everyone likes the same looking people.
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AlphaNick)
no its mathematically impossible :rolleyes:
Mathematically?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.94%
No (543)
66.06%

Watched Threads