The Student Room Group

Self-teaching French

Hey,

I have a basic level of French, can hold a pretty basic convo with a French person and that's about it.

Can get the gist of a couple of news articles etc

Anyway, would like to greatly advance this level by teaching myself. Can anyone record best places to find resources for doing this? Or would the quickest way to learn really be by taking courses? I fear a group course may be bottlenecked by the speed of the slowest learner.

Quite a bit of spare time in the evenings lately so would like to put in a fair bit of work and see se quick progression.

Many thanks.
Reply 1
This is how I improved my French a lot. I also did courses which helped me with the vocab, but a lot of it I learnt on: http://french.about.com
Reply 2
Thanks a lot. Will check it out.

Does anyone else know of any good resources where you can move at your own speed (can be fast or slow depending on free time) and offer quite structure courses? Thanks.
Original post by micah114
Thanks a lot. Will check it out.

Does anyone else know of any good resources where you can move at your own speed (can be fast or slow depending on free time) and offer quite structure courses? Thanks.

Hmmmm...

Je dirais que Duolingo est assez bon, ou si tu veux payer pour un service, fluencia est génial.

Mais moi, je voulais pas payer. J'ai utilisé le 'trial' pour espagnol et j'ai trouvé que la manière par laquelle il enseigne est fantastique.

Ou, tu peux pratiquer avec quelqu'un ici sur TSR! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Thanks for the response, I thought you were coming on to me before using google translate so I guess I still have a long way to go with learning!

Can't see a French part to the fluencia site but this Duolingo stuff looks very good!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending