The Student Room Group

IP and Commercial law help?!

Hi, I've been given two questions for my essays, and I'm not sure how to start answering them, in fact I haven't a clue what to do! Could someone please help me out?

One is Critically evaluate the reforms made to UK copyright law since 1st January 2010.

and another is

“The positions of buyer and seller in a contract of sale are not, of course, symmetrical; the seller’s obligation is to deliver the goods and the buyer’s obligation is to pay the price. The failure of the seller to deliver the goods or to deliver goods of the right quality and so on will have different results from the failure of the buyer to pay the price, and may call for some difference in remedies. Nevertheless, the remedies available to the parties do derive very largely from the general law of contract…” Furmston and Chuah, Commercial Law, (2nd ed., Pearson, 2013) p221.

To what extent would you agree with the above statement that in commercial law the remedies available to the buyer and the seller derive mainly from the general law of contract?

or

Critically evaluate whether or not there are any practical differences between the provisions of section 14 (2B) (a) and section 14 (3) of the Sales of Goods Act 1979.

I have to write 3000 words on it, and I'm pretty intimidated by these questions, any help would be much, much appreciated!
Reply 1
anyone? please?

:x
Reply 2
bumping for help D:

Quick Reply

Latest