The Student Room Group

no employment = no problem?

do universities prefer candidates who have had paid work before, I've mention voluntary work in my ps but I haven't actually had a paid job. Am I less likely to be given an offer?
Original post by em211997
do universities prefer candidates who have had paid work before, I've mention voluntary work in my ps but I haven't actually had a paid job. Am I less likely to be given an offer?

Nope, a lot of universities don't give a care in the world if you've worked. They care about your grades, passion for the subject and maybe a bit of extra curricular.
Original post by em211997

Didn't have any paid work experience. Left the section blank. Got offers from 5 RG unis for CS including Manchester, Sheffield, and Lipool.

So no they don't care.
Reply 3
Thanks everyone feel a lot more confident in my application now!:smile:
Nope they don't care. A lot of people going to uni haven't worked of they're of school leaving age. All I'd done is volunteer in a charity shop 2 hours a week! Didn't stop me getting in. Even in my second uni application I don't think I mentioned my previous employment at all as it wasn't relevant to the degree I was applying for. As long as your grades are acceptable and you can show you're a well rounded person they won't care.
It's just to fill in the gaps for mature students, it's not important for school leavers.
Reply 6
Hey guys while I've started up a conversation can I ask your opinions on some unis, I've tried starting other threads but haven't gotten replies so far.
Reading(possibly top)
Liverpool(possibly top)
Nottingham Trent
Loughborough
Portsmouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending