The Student Room Group

look at my car!

i was driving home from college (with my mum- i've just booked my driving test) and i was on a busy main road goin about 28mph, and a stupid old man came whizzing out of a junction without looking at all, so i braked as hard as i could (you should see the skid marks), but still couldn't not go into the side of him, he then swung across the road and hit a car on the opposite junction, who went back into the car behind her :rolleyes:

i've been to hospital and nothing's broken, jus loadsa bruises and aches. and we have about 4/5 witnesses who saw it and all say it was the stupid old man's fault (me thinks he needs an eye test) so insurance-wise we're fine and i gave my statement to the police at the hospital and i think they're going to press charges on the man.

look at my baby!

lou xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
aww! i'm so sorry, you must be gutted. :frown: i'm learning to drive too and i just can't belive how many arseholes there are on the road. it's a pain in the arse about the car, the main thing is that you're both okay though.
lou p
i was driving home from college (with my mum- i've just booked my driving test) and i was on a busy main road goin about 28mph, and a stupid old man came whizzing out of a junction without looking at all, so i braked as hard as i could (you should see the skid marks), but still couldn't not go into the side of him, he then swung across the road and hit a car on the opposite junction, who went back into the car behind her :rolleyes:

i've been to hospital and nothing's broken, jus loadsa bruises and aches. and we have about 4/5 witnesses who saw it and all say it was the stupid old man's fault (me thinks he needs an eye test) so insurance-wise we're fine and i gave my statement to the police at the hospital and i think they're going to press charges on the man.

look at my baby!

lou xxx

Awwwwh ma poor babe. Good to hear you're OK though.
Be prepared for lots of compo !
First off I'm glad you are well and the dude is being charged. He deserves it.

But secondly, new colour on the next one. White = No :biggrin:
Reply 4
What speed was he moving at!!!HE's killed it...Are you ok? :eek:
Reply 5
Nasty. You could do a better job of cutting the car numebr plate out.
Reply 6
Expression
Awwwwh ma poor babe. Good to hear you're OK though.
Be prepared for lots of compo !

hehe, cheers. i am, my dad made me take photos of my bruises (they're damn good) and the insurance company already knows both me and my mum had to go to hospital so maybe i don't need to work all summer for uni...

lou xxx
lou p

look at my baby!

lou xxx

that guy sounds like an arsehole. i hope he was seriously injured
Reply 8
Awww, I'm so sorry that has happened to you lou, it must really knock your confidence, even when you know you're doing nothing wrong. Hope you manage to get a nice new car and are back on the road again soon!
Reply 9
Mxx
First off I'm glad you are well and the dude is being charged. He deserves it.

But secondly, new colour on the next one. White = No :biggrin:

lol, i've already requested blue.

it wasn't my car, we inherited it from my gran. it was 3 years old today... could have saved ourselves a new tax disk and it's first MOT last week...

lol, and i don't care how badly the numberplate is done. it's not like anyone can ever drive the car again.

lou xxx
did the guy say sorry?
Reply 11
ur poor thing. well, so long as YOUR ok, thats the important thing.sure u'll get the money for a new car, so enjoy that one!
Reply 12
iiikewldude
that guy sounds like an arsehole. i hope he was seriously injured

he scraped his arm and didn't even go to hospital. he was your stereotypical old man *(about 70ish) who was completely not with it.

zazy
What speed was he moving at!!!HE's killed it...Are you ok? :eek:

he didn't stop at the junction at all so i'm guessing about 30mph.

i still can't quite believe it happened. and there was me hoping to do my test earlier and get a cancellation... now i won't be able to practice until we get the insurance money and a new car :rolleyes:

lou xxx
Reply 13
iiikewldude
did the guy say sorry?
i didn't speak to him. my mum called him a stupid man. and no he didn't apologise. his car was an eleven-year old rover, hit form both sides (my car and the one he then bounced into) so it's def a write-off as well.

lou xxx
are u still confident about your driving? I can imagine something like that putting me way off when i was learning to drive
Reply 15
Crashes are bloody horrible. It might dent your confidence abit - after I got blasted in the back by some van, everytime I was stopped at a junction I would glance in the rear view to see if anyone was coming behind me. When they were coming quite fast I just thought 'shit' and my heart skipped a beat. Im ok now though.. it might affect you abit :smile: . I hadnt had a driving lesson for 2 weeks before my test and still passed relatively easily...when were you hoping to get a test for?
Reply 16
lou p

look at my baby!

lou xxx

awww! well like someone said ; at least youre not dead.

or paraplegic.

and youre gettign a new car! i really hope it doesnt affect your driving though! good luck with your test too!
Reply 17
iiikewldude
are u still confident about your driving? I can imagine something like that putting me way off when i was learning to drive

you have no idea how much it has put me off driving, i've not got a lesson til wednesday + for obvious reasons now haven't got a car to practice on so i'll probably be a wreck (no pun intended) by then. might give my instructor a ring and explain and try and get an earlier lesson... but yes i would quite happily never drive again. i know i'm good but there's a lot of crap drivers out there!

lou xxx
Reply 18
imasillynarb
Crashes are bloody horrible. It might dent your confidence abit - after I got blasted in the back by some van, everytime I was stopped at a junction I would glance in the rear view to see if anyone was coming behind me. When they were coming quite fast I just thought 'shit' and my heart skipped a beat. Im ok now though.. it might affect you abit :smile: . I hadnt had a driving lesson for 2 weeks before my test and still passed relatively easily...when were you hoping to get a test for?
I just hate it when other people drive too fast and aim for you, especially in my junction where you are *supposed* to give way for the main road.
Reply 19
Hexa
Nasty. You could do a better job of cutting the car numebr plate out.

Definately - Y658 YCW?

Latest

Trending

Trending