The Student Room Group

Anyone been on accutane/know about it?

been on it for about 3 weeks now

just wondering if accutane is general common knowledge

anyone got any experiences that they can share or know of any?

not been too bad on it so far, compared to the huge scare talks regarding side effects
Reply 1
I took it and it was very effective, I wished it had been prescribed earlier and saved years of angst. No side effects other than dry skin and lips.
Reply 2
My partner was on it for a year and it cleared most of his spots but has left him with a lot of keloid scars. His side effects were severe dry skin and itchiness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
I took it and it was very effective, I wished it had been prescribed earlier and saved years of angst. No side effects other than dry skin and lips.

how long have you been off it? did your acne come back?
Reply 4
Original post by Spock's Socks
My partner was on it for a year and it cleared most of his spots but has left him with a lot of keloid scars. His side effects were severe dry skin and itchiness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

think ill be the same with the keloid scars :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
been on it for about 3 weeks now

just wondering if accutane is general common knowledge

anyone got any experiences that they can share or know of any?

not been too bad on it so far, compared to the huge scare talks regarding side effects

I've been on it. The only side effects I experienced were dry lips and skin.

The acne cleared up really well, didn't leave scars and hasn't ever come back. I was on it when I was about 13 and I am now 19. I occasionally get a few spots but that is a completely normal outbreak, nothing like severe acne when you're prescribed roaccutane!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
how long have you been off it? did your acne come back?

A few years now. The acne never returned in the same out of control way. Sure I still get the occasional spot but from my point of view it was a miracle cure where all else had failed..
Reply 7
Original post by Spock's Socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

The scars are more likely from the prodding and poking he did before the roaccutane got to grips with the condition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending